Each application will be reviewed by Roundtable staff and an external committee of 13 arts education practitioners to determine whether it meets the following criteria for eligibility:
- Be an arts education practitioner (see definition on website);
- Be based and/or working in the metro-New York City area;
- Demonstrate employment in the field of arts education between September 2019 and present;
- Have reported at least 40% loss in income in 2020 OR reported having an annual income of $30,000 or less in 2020; as direct result of COVID-19 school closures and cancelled classes;
- Be 18 years of age or older;
- Cannot be employees, board members, or immediate family members of employees or board members of the NYC Arts in Education Roundtable (click here for list of current Roundtable staff and Board Members).
Recipients for the award will be selected by a review panel based on a brief application until all funds have been exhausted within the award cycle. Please note, priority in grant selection will be given to applicants from communities most impacted by COVID-19 including Black Indigenous, and People of Color, practitioners with disabilities, immunosuppressed, low-income, non-gender conforming, genderqueer, transgender-identifying practitioners, and teaching artists.