February 16, 2021 | 4:00-5:15pm ET
Black women stand at the intersection of two groups that suffer from severe underrepresentation in roles of leadership and senior leadership in the arts and culture community. In response to this disparity, a team of dedicated individuals from the NYCAIER Black Affinity Group have crafted a List of Demands for Centering Black Women’s Leadership in Arts Education.
Please join the NYC Arts in Education Roundtable on Tuesday, February 16th as we kick off a campaign centered on this List of Demands, featuring a moderated panel discussion between Black women who are veterans in the field of arts education. Attendees will hear from panelists as they discuss critical issues that the List of Demands seeks to address, and will learn how they can be a part of the movement. Panelists include:
- Stephanie Hughley, Independent Senior Arts Consultant
- Toya Lillard, Executive Director, viBe Theater Experience
- Eileen Morris, Artistic Director, The Ensemble Theatre (Houston)
- Donna Walker-Kuhne, President, Walker Communications Group
- Moderated by Amanda Gardner, Writer, Performer, & viBeCompany Member