About the Organization:
For over 42 years ArtsConnection has provided innovative arts programming to millions of students in the NYC public school system, enhancing their intellectual, social and emotional growth, while developing groundbreaking educational models. Each year, ArtsConnection partners with over 120 schools across all five boroughs, reaching students in grades pre-K-12, through programs taught by a culturally diverse faculty of professional artists in media, theater, dance, visual art and music. During the out-of-school hours, ArtsConnection’s programs link NYC’s vast cultural resources to the developmental and educational needs of teenagers.
About the Position:
ArtsConnection seeksArtsConnection seeks a candidate to fill a full-time temporary position to help fulfill the digital documentation and publication commitments of the U.S. Department of Education funded Creating Bridges project.
Bridges is an educational model for teaching arts, literacy and social/emotional learning together for early elementary school. In Bridges children learn to work and think like artists as they create and tell stories through puppetry arts – visual arts, theater arts, puppet play and puppeteering, and movement. https://artsconnection.org/puppetry-early-childhood-literacy/
The Video Production Manager will provide support to the Director of Practitioner Research and Digital Documentation for the creation of an Open Educational Resource library and website. Duties include
- Coordinate all aspects of the video documentation of 8 sessions of the Creating Bridges program in approximately ten classrooms each during the school year, in collaboration with ArtsConnection staff who are responsible for the content.
- Document and track all student photo release forms for approximately 10 classes in several NYC public elementary schools
- Establish and maintain pre- and post-production schedules
- Correlate information, schedules and communications between classroom teachers, staff and artists to assure the capture of useful video footage
- Prioritize production schedule and workflow for video documentarian
- Catalogue, tag and excerpt footage weekly for use by multiple individuals Coordination and technical support for beta tests of Bridges mock website with resource library in winter and fall 2022
- Provide support in establishing schedules and coordinating work
- Technical and organizational support and troubleshooting Production manager for transferring google site into final website:
- Support migration of Bridges resources and content to final website.
- Coordinating and cataloguing documentation as it happens; pulling video clips guided by artist mentor logs on weekly basis
- Edit short educational videos using Premiere software under direction of program and website design team
- In classroom video documentation from time to time as a backup for principal documentarian
The successful candidate will possess these qualities:
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with diverse constituencies including school administrators and teachers as well as ArtsConnection staff and teaching artists
- Experience in Production Managing
- At least 2 years of work experience in film, video, digital media or website user experience
- Video production skills in Premiere
- Excellent verbal and written communication, organization and technical skills in digital media
- Patience, sense of humor, and respect for long term research
- Passion for Arts or Education a plus