Faculty Lead – Theater
The team at NJPAC changes lives every day—through our world-class artistic performances, educational programs and public outreach efforts. Join us and become a part of the exciting cultural renaissance happening right now in Newark, New Jersey.
As NJPAC’s full-time Faculty Lead – Theater, you’ll play a vital role in the largest arts education program in New Jersey.
You’ll manage our theater program, keeping us on the cutting edge of educational innovation as you oversee a wide range of classes, in-school residencies, community events and workshops—virtual, pre-recorded or (maybe, someday!) in person.
You’ll cultivate a creative, artistic Theater faculty to deliver your programs, so get ready for a hefty dose of recruiting, hiring, training, evaluating and relationship-building.
You’ll teach! This isn’t only an administrative role—you’ll get your hands dirty, so to speak, in the theater classroom (online or in schools).
You’ll put on your marketing hat to come up with new and creative ways to share our Theater program with the community and generate excitement.
A little bit about you:
- You have a robust creative portfolio including the creation and production of 10 + original works with youth or original professional works.
- You’re knowledgeable about and committed to diversity, equity, inclusion, anti-racism, trauma-informed and culturally responsive pedagogical approaches.
- You have 5+ years leadership experience, ideally in a performing arts setting.
- You have a fully developed personal artist statement and teaching philosophy.
- You’re an epic communicator, both speaking and writing. Maybe you’re bilingual (Spanish is a plus).
- You have 5+ years experience in teaching in the K-12 classroom or as a teaching artist.
- You’re super-comfortable with technology like MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google Docs and online classroom settings like Zoom, Google Classroom, Google Meet.
- You have a BA in theater or an arts-related field. If you have an MA, that’s amazing. If you don’t have any relevant degrees, but have the experience please, apply anyway.
- You love the arts, and you want to share the love!
A little bit about us:
- Our offices are located in the thriving cultural district of Newark, NJ…although we’re mostly working from home right now.
- We’re a passionate team made stronger by our diverse backgrounds, personalities, and skills.
- We care deeply about our mission and its impact on our community.
- We offer free yoga classes, wellness workshops and opportunities to volunteer in the community.
- We’re proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please email résumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line FACULTY LEAD – THEATER. If your application meets our needs, we’ll reach out to continue the process.
Thanks for your interest! We look forward to hearing from you.