TADA!’s Vision and Mission
Since 1984, TADA!’s vision is for all young people to grow up feeling successful, creative, confident, accepted and accepting of themselves. TADA!’s mission is to provide young people from different backgrounds with musical theater programs that inspire them to be creative, learn, and think differently. TADA! is a unique Drama Desk award-winning nonprofit youth theater that produces original musicals for children, teens, and family audiences. TADA! offers a free, year-round, pre-professional training and a positive youth development program for the Resident Youth Ensemble (ages 8-18); musical theater classes/camps for the public; as well as musical theater residencies in NYC schools and community centers. Through TADA!’s high-quality work, young people’s self-confidence and creativity are enhanced. They also develop advanced skills in leadership, communication, responsibility, collaboration, and problem-solving – skills that help with growing up and are essential to their success both in school and in life.
- September 21-December 18, 2020
- M-F, 2PM-6PM
Note: this position could extend through the remainder of the fiscal year.
Reports to: Director of Education/Interim Marketing Director
- Work closely with the Marketing team to provide overall support and help execute projects across various platforms
- Work with cross-functional teams to manage projects and coordinate deliverables
- Help with organizing meetings and Zoom calls
- Weekly/monthly analytics: reporting on category sales performance and other KPIs (e.g., google analytics, patron manager, click and pledge, Facebook, Instagram, etc.).
- Edit and upload videos for Development, PR, and Digital/Social videos including organizing playlists
- Basic video editing of recorded Zoom events (e.g., editing in iMovie, Final Cut; Adobe Premiere, etc.) and prerecorded productions
- YouTube posting and analytics
- Develop and maintain the weekly and monthly marketing calendars, coordinate the different departments to ensure the schedule is kept (e.g., eblasts, social media, advertising, etc.)
- Help strengthen the organization’s brand and profile
- Social media:
- Help shape the company’s brand voice on social media
- Assist with content curation and monitoring of social media
- Manage and tailor weekly posts across various social media platforms (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter) with an aim to engage fans and target new followers, building a broader audience.
- Schedule social media updates and regularly monitor social media
platforms, responding to mentions, comments, and direct inquiries.
- Report on, analyze, and draw insights from social media metrics.
- Create Facebook and Instagram ads and analytics
- Build national and international audience (now that we are remote)
- Set goals and track progress for marketing-focused activities
- Assist in various office and administrative tasks (“no task is too small” attitude)
- Attend bi-weekly staff meetings and marketing/social media meetings
- Salesforce Database: Patron and Click & Pledge (Updating; know how to pull reports; what reports are needed; registrations and temporary contacts)
- Assist and schedule all E-blasts in Emma (and sometimes create)
- Google Ad words – create, update, making sure campaigns are active and following procedures correctly
- Assist and oversee advertising along with the Director of Education (e.g., update and maintain ad collateral deadline calendar, connect with Graphic Designer and Director of Education to receive ads, place ads with appropriate publications, send publications and ad agencies events and information for editorials, etc.)
- Build partnerships for TADA! that connect to specific events or organizationally in order to promote
- TADA! and bring in new sales through eblast exchanges, footers, printed materials, fairs, etc
- Other duties as assigned
- Must embrace the mission and vision of TADA!
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or 1-3 years of marketing experience required
- Experience in digital marketing, content marketing, social media management, and overall marketing strategy/best practices
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, team player
- Strong computer skills – TADA! uses Google Suite
- Knowledge of Salesforce databases (Patron specific is a plus)
- Ability to successfully juggle multiple projects & priorities
- Proven ability to remain flexible and composed in a fast-paced environment
- A self-starter with impeccable time management and organizational skills who can manage multiple deadlines amidst constantly shifting priorities in an ever-evolving world
- Experienced with social & web analytics tools (i.e. Facebook, Instagram, Google Analytics etc.)
- Familiarity with Google Ad and Google Analytics is a plus
- Clear communicator with excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Competency in video production, photography, and new media
- Graphic design experience with Adobe Creative Suite and Google platforms is a plus but not required.
- General knowledge of the NYC non-profit theatre industry, youth, and current events
TADA!’s goal is to have a diverse staff that is representative of the makeup of the city in which we reside and the participants we serve. We are actively searching for applications from people of all ethnicities, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ individuals, and women in occupations or positions where they are underrepresented. All offers of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and TADA!’s organizational needs. It is the policy of TADA! to provide employment and intern opportunities without regard to race, color, religion,
creed, national origin, citizenship status, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression and to maintain an environment free of harassment or retaliation as required by law.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume to Katy Knowles, Director of Education/Interim Director of Marketing at email@example.com no later than Wednesday, September 9th.