PROGRAM NETWORK MANAGER – COMPREHENSIVE AFTER-SCHOOL
WHAT WE DO
At LEAP, we believe in the transformational power of the arts. We started as a grassroots movement with just four schools. Today, our teaching artists serve 20,000 kids across the city in over 150 New York City public schools. Every day, our educational arts programs inspire diverse school communities to be more engaged in learning and build critical skills. Our quality educational arts programs promote access and equity for New York City students underserved in the arts.
LEAP is a group of diverse and passionate individuals working together to prioritize youth and pursue our mission.
We collaborate to accomplish goals and are accountable to ourselves and others.
We strive for excellence, reflect on results, and celebrate success.
We foster relationships through intentional communication and attentive listening.
We welcome feedback with a growth mindset and offer feedback with empathy.
We build trust through transparency, honesty, and humility.
We respect and attempt to meet each other’s needs at work.
We are inclusive and value the differences among us.
We listen to and acknowledge the voices of those we serve.
We are seeking a highly organized, self-motivated, creative problem-solver to serve as a Program Network Manager who will oversee and support arts integrated educational comprehensive after-school programs in New York City schools. The Program Network Manager will be responsible for building deep school partnerships and overseeing quality arts programs, with a focus on social emotional learning, through the management and support of all programs in their portfolio. Responsibilities include building positive and sustainable school partnerships, creating network of community stakeholders across community school districts, supporting after-school program requirements (Including DOH, DYCD, ExpandED, and DOE regulations), budgeting, scheduling and support, program planning, lesson planning, and ensuring fidelity to the LEAP instructional model. Having a presence in all programs and providing staff development with thoughtful constructive feedback is a critical aspect of the role. The Program Network Manager reports to the Chief Program Officer, collaborating on a team of managers, and receiving support from other educational and administrative staff at LEAP. A successful Manager will have the ability to effectively manage their time and work collaboratively to achieve departmental and organizational goals. A strong candidate should demonstrate a clear passion for LEAP’s Mission, our Theory of Change and a commitment to program evaluation and documentation of best practices leading to successful programs for our young people.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
Program Oversight and Support
- Work in collaboration with school curriculum planning teams to identify themes and objectives for LEAP program curriculum that is aligned with school day content
- Co-manage a pool of 100+ professional teaching artists, specializing in Dance, Music, Theater, Visual Arts, and the Moving Image
- Plan and schedule a portfolio of LEAP programs to support schools’ academic needs
- Maintain database and spreadsheets of all partners, programs, and staff
- Attend and/or facilitate staff orientation and professional development sessions and plan/lead trainings for Teaching Artists, when necessary
- Observe instructional programming and share constructive feedback to teaching artists, LEAP program managers, and school partners
- Monitor and track daily attendance to ensure that the program is meeting daily attendance requirements
- Support site leadership in ensuring the health and safety of all program participants and properly report all medical incidents
- Support the completion of DYCD Workscopes, DYCD Connect deliverables, and Youth Services database requirements
- Build and maintain LEAP partnership with schools and key personnel within school administration
- Contact and meet with school leadership and classroom teachers to assess school needs, plan programming, share evaluation tools, and oversee quality delivery
- Support teaching artists and programming team in coordination of culminating event
- Review the School Age Child Care (SACC) requirements and ensure that the program is meeting Department of Health (DOH) requirements before and during program operation
- Collaborate with Partnership Development to establish and sustain school partnerships and strategic growth
- Collaborate with Operations to ensure necessary paperwork for record keeping and invoicing is complete and timely
- Collaborate with Evaluation for the tracking of program fidelity, quality, and impact on mission and theory of change
- Collaborate with Program Excellence on the ongoing development of staff and LEAP syllabi to meet mission deliverables of high-quality programming
- Collaborate with Advancement for ongoing Student Events and Fundraising
- Support other Managers by sharing your expertise and best practices in arts-integration, youth development practices and frameworks, and school partnership strategies
Program Network Managers must have extensive experience managing staff and working in youth programs. The ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum of 3+ years’ experience supervising NYC youth programs
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Education or related field
- Educational experience and deep knowledge of diverse instructional approaches, instructional pedagogy and arts integration
- Experience developing programs and delivering professional development
- An ability and interest in working with the entire student population, families and community partners in underserved communities throughout NYC
- A problem solver with a positive attitude and excellent relationship management skills
- A self-starter; someone who is highly effective working independently and within a team
- Excellent project and process management skills, writing skills, and attention to detail
- Proficiency with the complete Google Suite (Drive, Docs, Sheets, Slides, and Forms)
- Strong working knowledge and experience using Salesforce
WHY YOU’LL LOVE LEAP
At LEAP we are:
- Committed to feedback and willing to provide clear, consistent communication
- Community oriented, and believe in a shared moral responsibility
- Believers in self-care and the well-being of others
- Accountable to ourselves, our team, and the organization
- Strong proponents of diversity, equity, equality, and inclusivity
- Open-minded, creative, and flexible
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Full-Time Position: This position is eligible for health and dental insurance, 403B, life insurance, generous vacation and sick/personal time
Pre-employment screening may be required for this position, including but not limited to criminal history check by the NYC Department of Education, and other regulating agencies as needed.
WE ARE AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
LEAP provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.