We seek an experienced and creative Program Manager to join our growing team. The Program Manager is the administrative and creative liaison to the organization’s external work and relations. This role will maintain the current scope of Hi-ARTS’ projects while thinking in innovative ways to develop new and support existing relationships and curate programming. The Program Manager will lead a newly defined
artistic department including our Curator in Residence and Project Associate. The position reports to the Executive Director. The Program Manager also works closely in collaboration with the General Manager, Development Manager, and Marketing Associate.
- Further integrate community members into our work by foregrounding their experiences and artistic practices in residencies, productions, educational programs, and visual arts programs
- Form a cadre of community curators and practitioners who can become a network of socially engaged artists
- Develop deeper engagement with a diverse group of peer organizations such as museums, universities, and other nonprofits
- Increase number and quality of local and national partnerships
- Strengthen use of the underutilized indoor and outdoor spaces in and adjacent to Artspace PS109
- Identify stakeholders for partnerships
- Lead efforts related to Social Practice Innovation Network (SPIN) and Hip-Hop Center for Social Innovation (HHCSI)
- Must embrace the mission of Hi-ARTS
- Three to five years in program development and implementation
- Broad knowledge of arts landscape
- Demonstrated ability to work with and address the needs of artists
- Understanding of East Harlem and/or neighborhoods with similar racial and class dynamics
- Experience in developing and/or leading community-centered programs
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite
- Clear communicator with excellent speaking, writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Detail-oriented with time management and problem-solving skills
- Ability to effectively work with diverse partners from different fields
This is a full time (40 hours per week) salaried position. Salary is $ 60,000 per year. The position includes medical and dental coverage.
HOW TO APPLY
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: Program Manager. Include a cover letter in the body of the email and attach a resume. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Hi-ARTS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates for employment are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.