ArtsConnection is a not-for-profit organization providing arts education programs, including in-school and after-school residencies, professional development, performances and family events to New York City public schools and Teen Programs during out of school time. The Educational Technology (Ed Tech) position is a new role in the organization that helps build organizational capacity to integrate technology into curricula. This staff member will work directly with teaching artists to help them create blended residency models that include pre-recorded and live remote sessions. Working in collaboration with program managers and teaching artists, the Ed Tech position will also work to define best practices in the design of remote arts residencies for 3-k through 12th-grade students that support the educational goals of ArtsConnection, schools, and teaching artists.
Specific duties include:
- Train teaching artists in the use of Google Classroom, Zoom and other online platforms that can be used in the
teaching and learning process with students.
- Train teaching artists in best practices for creating asynchronous (pre-recorded) videos as part of a residency model
- Train assistants in technical support to aid teaching artists’ during led live remote sessions using online platforms
- Provide hands-on tech support to teaching artists, teachers, and program staff
- Provide “office hours” to address teaching artists’ technical questions
- Keep up to date with current trends in technology in the teaching and learning process with young people and schools
- Create ArtsConnection manual on the technical components of designing remote programming
- Experience with arts education curriculum design for 3k-12th grade
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal, written, online) and ability to work collaboratively with a diversity of people
- Ability to consider ways of working in all art forms (dance, music, visual art, theatre, puppetry)
- Knowledge of the platforms Zoom, Google Classroom, and PowerPoint, and equal facility with PC, MAC OS and iOS systems, both hardware and software.
- Knowledge of video editing software and ability to train others in its use
- Flexible and open to learning new skills and able to adapt to the changing nature of technology in schools
- Online teaching experience a plus
- NYC Department of Education Fingerprint Clearance required
This is a temporary position, starting immediately and going through the school year (end date June 30th, 2021)
21 hours per week, $25 per hour
DEADLINE for applications: October 20th, 2020 (11:59 pm)
Send cover letter and resume only via email to email@example.com with the subject line “Ed Tech Coordinator”.
ArtsConnection is an equal opportunity employer. We have a strong commitment to equity and inclusion, and value the leadership and skills of people from diverse backgrounds.