Reports to: Program Manager
Direct Reports: None
Location: Marquis Studios’ office (DUMBO, Brooklyn)
ABOUT MARQUIS STUDIOS
Founded in 1977, our staff of 75 experienced Teaching Artists provides a full spectrum of arts experiences in over 140 schools in all 5 boroughs of NYC. Marquis Studios directly serves 25,000 children each year. These programs are designed to integrate arts activities with instruction in academic core subjects by making use of state and city standards. Our planning process is individualized for each residency, in-school or remotely, with the Teaching Artists and classroom Teachers meeting to discuss the educational goals of each class before the lesson plan is created. Not just a one-time program, Marquis Studios involves the entire school community through professional development for school staff and family workshops to create sustainable arts integration.
The Office Coordinator provides programmatic and operational support to ensure that the day-to-day administrative functions of the Marquis Studios‘ office runs smoothly. The Office Coordinator maintains direct communication with the Program Manager to ensure the seamless execution of key tasks and provides support with digital marketing and communication as needed. This role requires exceptional interpersonal and organizational skills and the ability to balance multiple projects effectively.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate daily organization activities (i.e., answer and direct incoming phone calls, check voicemail for outstanding messages, respond to in-person inquiries and emails, and manage office cleaning service).
- Process incoming and outgoing mail (annual bulk mailing), receive deliveries from FedEx, UPS, USPS, and other messenger items.
- Maintain office and art supplies inventory and the off-site storage unit.
- Research equipment purchases (such as computers); provide recommendations; purchase equipment; and assemble and/or setup equipment/office purchases
- Provide logistical support for all special events: prepare, pack and transport supplies; setup/breakdown; and order catering
- Communicate all office service requests for general maintenance to the management company as needed.
- Arrange for transportation/travel for staff as needed.
Marketing & Communications
- Manage social media accounts and remain up to date with trends to ensure maximum effectiveness.
- Draft and manage content for social media accounts.
- Manage My Cloud photo archive for the organization and regularly update the organization’s photo & video database.
- Communicate as needed with Teaching Artists and the administrative team to ensure residency documentation is received for photo archives.
- Assist with creating content for the website’s blog and update website with content provided by senior staff
- Assist with in-house graphic design projects: marketing materials, event invitations and support materials for programs.
- Oversee art supplies purchases for residencies and maintain accurate records of supply locations, budgets, and reimbursement requests.
- Coordinate logistics with Teaching Artists and schools to transport, deliver and pick up large art supplies (i.e., drums) 2 – 3 times per cycle (approx. every 3 months).
- Assist with and document special residencies or programs as well as culminating event preparation and execution.
- Other responsibilities as specified to assist Marquis Studios in achieving its overall organization objectives.
IDEAL QUALITIES & SKILLSET
- Provides a customer-oriented approach to service, while managing internal and external communication with diplomacy.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to interact authentically with diverse populations.
- Requires an individual with strong strategic planning, attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively, independently and under direct supervision.
- Effective multitasking, problem-solving and time management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
CORE COMPETENCIES & QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience working in an office administrative or educational role.
- A minimum of 2 years proven experience in administration or a similar role. Experience working in a creative environment is a plus.
- Experienced with marketing techniques, design software and social media platforms including – Adobe Creative Suite; MailChimp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Vimeo, etc. Experience with Webflow is a plus.
- Proficient in a wide range of digital office platforms including – Google Suite and Microsoft Office. Experience with Salesforce is a plus.
- Knowledge of NY Driving Laws, valid Driver’s License, and clean driving record.
- Must be able to pass a Fingerprinting background check with the DOE.
- Available to work occasional weekends and evenings.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds.
- A positive outlook, flexibility, and a sense of humor!
SALARY: Commensurate with experience ranging from $30,000 – $35,000 annually.
BENEFITS: Marquis Studios offers generous benefits: including health, dental and vision insurance; personal time off and vacation days; professional development opportunities; and a flexible working schedule.
APPLICATION DEADLINE & START DATE: Wednesday, August 18, 2021. Interviewing priority will be given to candidates who apply by Friday, August 13, 2021. IMMEDIATE START.
Inquiries: Interested applicants should send a cover letter and résumé to Jobs@marquisstudios.org with the subject line “Office Coordinator”. No calls, please.
Marquis Studios is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to seeking a diverse staff with respect to gender, age, race, ethnicity, national origin, class, marital status, educational background, religion, sexual orientation, and physical ability. All applicants are welcome.