Role and Responsibilities:
The BAE Music Programs Manager is responsible for implementing BAE’s vision of an integrated approach to music performance and arts education. Working closely with the Executive Director and all other members of the BAE team, the Music Programs Manager will be responsible for:
- Work collaboratively with arts in education program coordinators to design & implement music education curriculum, recruit & assess music teaching artists, & design of music education assessment tools
- Create & implement transformative concert season programming
- Contract musicians, scheduling, and production oversight
- Design lecture/demo performances & workshops and other events that synthesize BAE’s educational and performance branches
- Work closely with sound engineer & video editing team to create compelling online concert content
- Negotiate & prepare contracts for venues & guest artists
- Work collaboratively with Special Events Manager to secure venues and performance backline equipment
- Work collaboratively with Marketing Manager to create concert promo materials
- Prepare budgetary spreadsheets
- Prepare narratives & metrics for grant proposals & reports
- Act as liaison with Local 802 & American Federation of Musicians Unions
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Music performance experience, instrumental and/or vocal: Knowledge of classical, jazz, & global music repertoire
- Network of NYC music performance and education professionals
- Undergraduate level(+ ) in Music, Music Education, or Nonprofit Arts Administration
- Arts education experience and/or certification: Knowledge of Common Core, Blueprint, Culturally Responsive & Social-Emotional Learning education ideals
- Strong communication and office-tech administrative skills.
- Organized, project-driven, efficient worker.
- Familiarity with labor relations, specifically Local 802.
- Familiarity with not-for-profit administration.
- Google Suite, Strong communication skills, Familiarity with basic finance
The mission of the Bronx Arts Ensemble is to bring music and related arts to Bronx schools and neighborhoods. We contribute to the cultures of our Bronx communities through live performances and innovative arts education that stimulate creativity, imagination, and aspirations.