The Learning and Community Engagement Manager is a salaried, exempt position. The Manager reports to, and partners with, the Director of Conferences and Learning to ensure the Guild’s professional development training and networking opportunities align with the Guild’s mission to support teaching artists, administrators, and other stakeholders in the community arts education field.
- Manage Community Conversations program, monthly “water cooler” conversations open to the public organized by program type and artistic discipline and lightly facilitated by Guild staff.
- Develop, manage, and support new Member Affinity Groups, including for BIPOC leaders, White Accomplices for Racial Equity, and others.
- Pilot, activate, and manage a new Online Member Forum to foster connections and the exchange of information and ideas among Guild’s general membership, affinity groups, and programmatic cohorts.
- Manage member onboarding and ongoing orientation to benefits and programs
Program and Event Management:
- Manage select online learning programs in collaboration with the Director of Conferences and Learning, including developing content, curating speakers, managing rehearsals and production, and supporting evaluation.
- Manage Conference production, including calendars, planning meetings, session proposal and review process, speaker LOAs and payments, session and speaker intake process, session evaluation, networking events, and volunteers. This work happens in close collaboration with the program team and is supported by the Guild’s operations team.
Leveraging Learning for Information Resources:
- Curate resources from Guild learning activities and online member forum to share out with broader membership and field.
- Edit video recordings of online and in person learning events to archive in Resources section of website and share with registrants post-event.
- Ensure Resources section is maintained, organized, and kept up-to-date.
- Maintain Programs, Networks, and Events sections of the Guild website
Other duties and special projects as assigned by the Director of Conferences and Learning.
Some travel required beginning in 2022.
Salary: 53,000/ year