Young Audiences New York seeks a short-term Interim Director of Development (IDoD) consultant to be responsible for continuation of the organization’s most pressing fundraising activities while the Director of Development is on a 12-week medical leave. The IDoD would be stepping in during a busy fundraising period. They would support our veteran event planner with YANY’s annual benefit (March 16th) and several grant proposal and reporting deadlines in the pipeline. This is a great opportunity for someone with an eye for strategy who wants to put their development skills to work in service of arts education. The position is remote with preference for candidates on the East Coast.
Substantial overlap with and support from YANY’s Development Director will be available at the start and end of the interim period. There may be additional consulting opportunities for the Interim DoD beyond the interim period.
- Continue along the organization’s FY21 fundraising plan, including: all aspects of institutional funding, individual giving, government grants, and the annual benefit.
- Maintain existing relationships to continue fundraising efforts including with the program team, funders, the benefit event planner, and our finance administrative partner.
- Manage and provide overall oversight of the grants calendar and portfolio (15-18 grants, including institutional and government funders) including coordinating with program staff to follow up on action points and pending issues to ensure proper grants management; responding to donor and staff requests and questions related to compliance, updating and disseminating grants trackers; writing and submitting grant reports and applications to funders.
- Oversee planning and collaborate weekly with benefit event planner and monthly with Benefit Chairs for the annual Benefit, a virtual event taking place on March 16.
- Report biweekly to the Interim President and CEO on the status of institutional, corporate and individual funding. Submit quarterly Development update in March to Interim President and CEO in March and present at March Board meeting with support of Interim President and CEO and Benefit Committee leadership.
- Maintain the ongoing production of acknowledgment letters, gift/data entry into Salesforce. • Produce benefit-related communications through Constant Contact.
- Perform additional tasks as called upon by the Interim President and CEO.
This position requires a pragmatist and problem-solver with the experience necessary to advise senior staff and Board members; the professional style to effectively work with people at all levels of the organization during a time of transition and change and navigate the appropriate role of an interim director. Bachelor’s degree, excellent writing and communication skills, computer literacy (MS Office, Dropbox, Salesforce, Zoom). Experience as a development director a plus. We’re looking for someone with the skills and experience to hit the ground running.
Interim President and CEO
Young Audiences New York uses the arts as a catalyst to create equity for New York City youth, families, and communities. We provide artmaking opportunities across the arts—music, dance, theater, visual and digital art. Each year, we give children the chance to create art, taught by our distinguished company of practicing, professional New York City artists.
YANY has a balanced budget for FY21. Our operating budget is around $2m, approximately half of which is under the purview of the Director of Development.
Ideal Start Date: Tuesday, January 26th
Compensation: $2,050 weekly rate (35 hours/week)
To apply: Please send resume and cover letter to Glendaliz Camacho, Director of Development, at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, January 22nd. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.