Red Bull Theater—dedicated to revitalizing the classics for today’s audiences—seeks a self-starting, team-oriented individual who is passionate about helping us build meaningful and authentic connections and partnerships with schools, teachers, students, and other community groups. The Community Engagement Manager will expand and enrich our relationships with the communities that we serve and forge new ones throughout the five boroughs of New York City. The ideal candidate possesses an entrepreneurial spirit with experience in the non-profit, cultural and/or education sectors.
The Community Engagement Manager’s primary objective will be robust engagement and outreach in support of our online production of Romeo and Juliet that is being specifically created with teaching artists for the spring of 2021. Working in partnership with our Associate Artistic Director and reporting to the Managing Director, this individual will actively research, cultivate, and confirm partners for the production and complementary online residencies with students in the program.
The Community Engagement Manager will join our small team during a period of growth and assessment. They will join the ongoing conversations and help to execute the day to day operations of the team. Professional development and supportive supervision will also be provided.
With special emphasis on reaching new and underserved communities, this individual will also help to successfully steward the technology and support marketing associated with all of our virtual programming devised during this time of Covid-19—including a new pilot program providing micro-grants for early career BIPOC theater artists.
The Community Engagement Manager will
- Expand our educational and engagement opportunities
- Engage and execute communications strategies that increase our reach into and interaction with untapped communities
- Enhance the experience of existing audiences
This is a temporary part-time position that begins February 2021 and ends June 2021. The Manager will work 20-25 hours per week with a salary range of $850-$900 paid bi-weekly. The Community Engagement Manager might develop initiatives that would enable the continuation of employment beyond its scheduled ending.
Though we maintain an administrative office in Chelsea, due to the current pandemic our team is working remotely. This is planned until further notice. Remote working materials and support will be provided as needed.
People of color, and/or from diverse backgrounds or underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply. Red Bull Theater is an equal opportunity employer, and more: we are dedicated to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion and an ongoing pursuit of greater Social Justice at every level of our organization. We are actively working to ensure Anti-Racism is a fully integrated core value of our theater. Red Bull Theater does not discriminate in practices or employment opportunities on the basis of an individual’s race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other category. We are committed to ongoing actions to increase racial justice and equal opportunity at our theater—doing our part to help realize a more racially and socially just theater community, city, and country.
The successful candidate will be an enterprising administrator and exceptional communicator with a passion for the performing arts and education. Their existing skill-set will help to shape the position’s portfolio.
- The ideal candidate will be:
- Committed to an equitable and inclusive community
- An excellent communicator, both written and oral
- Genuinely excited about the work described for this position
- Skilled (or hungry to master) relevant technologies, including the Google Suite, Zoom, Ovation, CMS, Wix, Dropbox, MailChimp and other cloud-based platforms
- Able to focus and prioritize in an ever-changing environment with an ability to meet multiple overlapping deadlines on time and on budget.
The ideal candidate will likely have:
- Experience implementing programs executed in partnership with New York City Public Schools and/or other community based organizations (CBOs)
The candidate hired might also be:
- Experienced in working in any aspect of the theater industry
- Knowledgeable of the NYC DOE Blueprints for Teaching and Learning in the Arts
- Experienced as a classroom educator
For complete details about Red Bull Theater, please review RedBullTheater.com.
TO APPLY, please submit in a single PDF: cover letter (that tells us why you want THIS opportunity) and resume with three references to email@example.com. Candidates of interest will be contacted. No Phone calls.
DURATION: February 1, 2021 – June 30, 2021