Committed to achievement for all New York City youth, Roads to Success promotes academic, personal and professional development through out-of-school-time programs built on a philosophy of self-discovery. We create and sustain an environment where young people find their identity, build their independence and practice generosity in their communities.
Roads to Success is dedicated to helping young people discover the self-esteem, self-reliance, and empathy necessary to become future leaders and driving forces of positive change. We are led by a passionate community of young educators—a lead-by-example staff who are dedicated that all of New York City’s young people are given a fair and equitable chance to fulfill their dreams.
RTS facilitates a variety of youth programs including after-school, summer camps, retreats, conferences and summer employment opportunities reaching thousands of young people throughout NYC each year. RTS emphasizes the youth development practice of the Circle of Courage in all our programs; creating an environment of Belonging,where young people can build their Independence,find and develop their Mastery skill, and practice Generosity in their communities.At the core of our programs are staff training strategies that enable our young professionals to develop extraordinarily meaningful relationships with the young people in their care who we call Our Future Leaders because that is what they all are.
An Instructor teaches participants their field of interest such as art, sports, cooking, performing arts, etc. Instructors are expected to incorporate their field of interest and academics into their lessons.
- Supervisor: Education Specialist
- Max Hours: 15 per week
- Days: 5 per week, Monday – Friday (July 13 – August 28)
- Compensation: $20 per hour
- Create an intro to drawing series for all ages. Learning objectives include: Draw objects out of your head, Draw realistic light and shadow, Understand the fundamentals of art, Draw perspective drawings, Draw the human face and figure.
- Teach and lead live virtual instructional activities surrounding your field.
- Facilitate lessons which will be recorded at our RTS Training Facility.
- Must have time management and organizational skills in a virtual setting.
- Remotely communicate via phone and email and attend scheduled zoom meetings.
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities as requested by the Education Specialist.
- A degree or certification in your teaching field.
- At least three years of experience teaching in your field of interest.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to deal effectively with phone and email inquiries.
- Must have a computer, printer, and phone to work remotely from home with reliable internet when assigned.