Broadway Bound Kids’ Mission:
Established in 2004, Broadway Bound Kids is a nonprofit providing a transformative and inclusive environment that inspires youth through performing arts education. We provide comprehensive interactive programs for Pre-K through 12th Grade in the performing arts
that focus on enhancing technical skills, social emotional learning, confidence, connection, mindfulness, and creativity. Social justice is central to our programming and organizational culture as we work to break down societal and financial barriers for youth, their families, and their communities. We cultivate communities of open hearts and minds amongst a diverse cross section of youth in New York City and beyond by enabling every student to explore all they can be, on stage and off.
Position Purpose and Impact:
Broadway Bound Kids is seeking an organized self-starter who is passionate about arts education, SEL and mindfulness for kids and is experienced in fundraising and leadership. The Executive Director will oversee, implement, and ensure the sustainability of BBK’s operations through fundraising, financial management, administration and communications, to continue to fulfill its mission. The Executive Director will have an incredible opportunity to make a large impact on our students and work in a very rewarding environment while providing leadership for a dedicated and talented team of professionals (Two full-time and two part-time admins) at an exciting time for our organization. This is a great opportunity for a rising arts leader to play a key role in the continued development and achievement of strategic goals and social justice work for an impactful non-profit.
This position requires a skilled leader who can oversee all of the day to day operations of the organization and organize the larger strategic plan as well as granular operations. This leader is also responsible for all of the fundraising efforts of the organization as well as guiding and mentoring our programming and marketing staff. It requires an individual who is eager to collaborate but also extremely self disciplined and can work independently and remotely. The Executive Director should have excellent communication skills, be eager to build relationships, have a strong background in development and be passionate about serving youth.
- Lead, facilitate and oversee development goals and activities; Write grant proposals and oversee grants administration, including reporting
- Lead, facilitate and oversee various fundraising activities such as annual fundraiser, individual cultivation and solicitation, institutional fundraising, capital campaigns and special events to reach our annual fundraising goals
- Write grant proposals and compile supporting documents in response to solicitations
- Recruit Board Members and cultivate board; serve as a member and staff liaison
- Work with Board of Directors and staff to identify and cultivate new funding sources
Leadership and Institutional Advancement
- Work with the Founding Director and the Director of Programming and Education to provide a strong day-to-day leadership presence that incorporates mindfulness, whole person development and our core values for all staff
- Oversee Programming team and approve programs and curriculum
- Provide effective and inspiring operational leadership by developing a broad and deep knowledge of all programs and setting clear goals and benchmarks.
- Grow and maintain positive relationships with our community and supporters
- Oversee implementation of the Strategic Plan
- Oversee implementation of our ongoing racial and social justice work
- Liaise with and report to our Founding Director and Board of Directors and work to strengthen connections and communication
- Oversight of hiring, compensation and performance management (including performance coaching process)
- Establish, improve and maintain efficient operations and productivity platforms ensuring compliance with all organizational policies, procedures and bylaws
- Co-Manage key vendor relationships
- Oversee risk management and legal activities: contracts etc.
Financial Management and Oversight
- Direct and administer all financial plans and oversee business policies and monthly accounting practices
- Develop and monitor project budgets to assure organizational efficiency and appropriate resource allocation; manage cash flow
- Oversee annual audit and timely filing of federal, state, and county tax forms and Applications
- Compose budgets for specific programs and processes
Marketing and Communications
- Work with the marketing director to co-create and oversee development and execution of annual communications plans, including marketing, Social Media and PR strategies for promoting productions, educational programs and the organization.
- Ensure that all programs and fundraising efforts are being marketed well and reflect the tone and brand of the organization
- A passion for arts education and giving kids a place to belong and be heard.
- 5+ years of demonstrated leadership experience
- College graduation or equivalent
- Development experience
- Proven writing skills, detail-orientation, ability to coordinate multiple projects, and manage multiple software programs.
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Google platforms
- Demonstrated proficiency in CRM, Eventbrite registrations, zoom and project management software.
- Masters degree
- Flexible but decisive, with a naturally consultative and participative management style
- Practices mindfulness and strong emotional awareness and intelligence
- A person of integrity who engenders trust and confidence among all constituencies
- A creative, charismatic and visionary leader with the ability to bring out the best in others
- A patient, diplomatic and skillful negotiator with an open mind
- Emotionally mature, with a sense of humor and the sensitivity to work with diverse populations and personalities
Inclusivity, equity and access are core values at Broadway Bound Kids. We strive to create a workplace that reflects the communities we serve and where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work. We strongly encourage black, indigenous and people of color to apply.
Broadway Bound Kids is proud to be a women-led equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.
This is a full time employee position earning 60K annually
PTO- Executive Director will receive 32 days of PTO (includes holidays) Most national Holidays and school recognized holidays will be paid time off including two weeks around the winter Holiday season
$88/month insurance stipend
$25/month phone and computer stipend
The Executive Director must be based in NYC. This position is currently remote but we hope to return to some in person work in NYC soon including site visits this summer to our in-person programs.
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com