Creatives Rebuild New York (CRNY) is a two-part workforce initiative and is a fiscally sponsored project of Tides. CRNY will provide artists with either full-time employment opportunities or guaranteed income to remedy the devastating economic impact of the COVID-19 pandemic. CRNY is a three-year initiative.
The Executive Administrator will manage administrative and financial operations to ensure that staff are well supported and able to deliver on their priorities. Working to ensure consistent processes throughout the organization, the Executive Administrator coordinate across staff members to deliver and improve key aspects of administrative and financial operations.
The Executive Administrator will be responsible for a variety of operational needs including, but not limited to managing schedules, organizational systems, and communications for staff and supporting the financial operations in collaboration with the Tides Center.
Experience working across departments and ensuring coordination is critical. This role will also work closely with the Executive Director to ensure a healthy and sustainable work environment is established to support staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Establish and ensure the execution of key processes related to the organization’s operations and systems.
- Establish technology solutions to support organizational processes.
- Prioritize, plan, and support webinars, phone calls, and meetings for staff.
- Organize meetings including gathering documents to prepare, scheduling, sending reminders, and organizing events.
- Act as a liaison and provide support to the Board of Directors.
- Manage information systems operations including hardware, software, desktop support, and strategic system development and planning including supervising IT consultants.
- Coordinating travel arrangements.
- In partnership with Executive Director, liaise with Tides Center, CRNY’s fiscal sponsor.
- Manage any leases and tech stack licenses.
- Other projects as assigned for the overall benefit of the organization and in support of 5 additional CRNY staff.
- Perform accounting and financial system duties.
- Establish system for monthly budget to actual review by staff.
- Establish system for monthly expense report entry for staff expenses into NetSuite and ensure proper coding and data entry into NetSuite (CRNY’s financial system) based on established chart of accounts.
- Oversee and manage all contracts, invoicing, and/or vendor payments.
- Oversee and manage accounts payable and receivable processes.
- Ensure that contracting and management for individual contractors, and foundation partners.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
The Executive Administrator ideally brings with them:
- Experience with managing operations in a cross functional high-performance context.
- Minimum BS/BA degree with at least minimum of 2 years of related experience with demonstrated track record.
- Interest and commitment to artists, arts and cultural organizations, workforce development, and New York State.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong ability to execute work with a diversity, equity, and inclusion lens.
- Significant executive support experience.
- Expert proficiency with Microsoft Office and desktop publishing software; ability to design and edit graphic presentations and materials.
- Technical proficiency and problem-solving skills related to: IT infrastructure; IT support and troubleshooting; and cloud-based environments (web-based applications).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills and impeccable attention to detail.
- High degree of professionalism in dealing with diverse groups of people, including Board members, senior executives, staff, community leaders, foundation partners.
- Make appropriate, informed decisions regarding priorities and available time.
- Ability to complete a high volume of tasks and projects with little or no guidance.
- Ability to react with appropriate levels of urgency to situations and events that require quick response or turnaround.
- Able to maintain a high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information.
- Excellent judgment is essential.
- Ability to switch gears at a moment’s notice.
- Strong Internet and computer skills, including extensive knowledge of Excel, Microsoft Office, Google G Suite, Slack, Salesforce, Dropbox, etc.
- Must have the ability and appetite to master new software quickly.
- Requires desire to and extensive experience working effectively with multiple staff members who may have evolving priorities. Ability to virtually interface with diverse staff in various domains and locations.
- Ability to work with a virtual team and travel when needed.
- Thrive in an intense, do-it-yourself, start-up environment.
TO APPLY: Send resume and cover letter to Sarah Calderon at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Creatives Rebuild New York, a project of Tides Center, is an “at-will” and equal opportunity employer. Applicants and employees shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender (including pregnancy and gender expression) identity, color, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law or ordinance.
Reasonable accommodation will be made so that qualified disabled applicants may participate in the application process.
Please advise in writing of special needs at the time of application.