The Education and Community Engagement initiatives provide innovative, accessible programming to schools and communities across New York City that supplement the work presented on our mainstage. To connect as many students as possible to the performing arts, our education programs range from multi-week in-depth residencies in schools to full-day professional development workshops for educators, study guides, and assessment tools. Our Administrative Apprenticeship program aims to create career pathways for candidates traditionally underrepresented in the field of arts administration. City Center’s education programs ignite an appreciation of the performing arts, create a culture of inquiry and exploration and activate the individual creative voice for over 11,000 students, educators, and families each year, while upholding City Center’s mission and our commitment to be an anti-racist organization.
- Coordinate all elements of the registration and on-boarding process for in-school programs including extensive outreach and communication, scheduling workshops and meetings, and organizing all logistics for the Education staff, Teaching Artists and school personnel.
- Maintain and cultivate relationships with school partners, administrators, and teaching artists throughout the year with consistent and clear communication.
- Expand program outreach and identify new school connections.
- Assist with the organization of School Time Matinees with duties including facilitation of seating, transportation, and supplementary materials as well as coordination of school groups attending City Center dress rehearsals.
- Make site visits to schools throughout the year to observe programming and support Teaching Artist assessment.
- Coordinate Professional Development Workshops including studio reservations, scheduling planning meetings, preparation of supplementary materials, and other related logistics.
- Collaborate with the Education team on the development and creation of Behind the Curtain Guides for all related programming.
- Follow up on payment and invoicing for all departmental programs and assist with payroll as needed.
- Take a primary role in the development, design and creation of all department publications including e-blasts, flyers, playbills, surveys, presentations, registration, newsletters, etc. Liase with Marketing department on all plans and approvals.
- Assist in the implementation of all in-theater/Community Engagement programming including staffing for events.
- Miscellaneous duties, as assigned.
This Role Requires:
- 1+ years previous work experience in arts administration and a background in arts education
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite; Familiarity with Adobe Suite (In Design), Wordfly, Formsite, Zoom, and Tessitura, preferred
- Excellent customer service skills and comfortability with frequent phone communication
To be successful in this role, you will be expected to demonstrate:
- Familiarity with current landscape of dance and musical theater
- A passion for arts education and a commitment to the mission of City Center and it’s Education & Community Engagement programs
- Familiarity with NYC public school system
- Excellent writing and copy editing skills
- Ability to approach work with a spirit of collaboration, energy, attention to detail, and adaptability
As a valued member of the City Center administrative team, you will receive:
- Non-exempt salary of $45,000
- Overtime eligibility for weekly hours above 40+
- Comprehensive insurance coverage (medical, dental, life, disability)
- Generous paid time off
- Pre-tax flexible & dependent care savings accounts
- Pre-tax transit savings
- Pension Plan with (CIG) Cultural Institutions Group (fully vested after 5 years)
- 401K retirement savings account
- Access to various dress rehearsals, performances, educational events, and professional development opportunities
- Email your resume and cover letter to Jobs@NYCityCenter.org.
- Please include Education Associate in the subject line.
- In the cover letter, please include why this position at City Center interests you and how your previous experience enables you to be successful in this role.