About The HOW Institute for Society
The arrival of the 21st Century has brought with it not only rapid changes, but a dramatic reshaping of how the world works. This reshaping is happening faster than we have yet been able to reshape our institutions, our leadership and ourselves. We need an organization dedicated to helping develop the necessary norms, practices, and behaviors that will help us adapt to this new era, where we all rise or fall together.
The HOW Institute for Society is that organization, with a mission to build and nurture a culture of moral leadership, principled decision-making and values-based behavior that enables individuals and institutions to meet the profound social, economic, and technological changes of the 21st Century to elevate humanity. We are committed to creating an environment where all are welcomed and respected, and where everyone can achieve the highest level of excellence in their work.
The HOW Institute for Society is seeking a Director, Community & Partnerships to join our growing team. To succeed in its mission, The HOW Institute aims to achieve impact at scale through the building and nurturing of communities of individuals, and the building of partnerships with organizations and institutions, who share our values and aspirations.
The ideal candidate, having achieved success developing fruitful and meaningful relationships at senior levels, will find deep resonance with the HOW philosophy and mission. The chosen candidate will help define and lead activities related to engaging and activating The HOW Institute’s network of stakeholders, in the business community and beyond, developing vibrant communities and partnerships, and building sustainable revenue streams.
We are looking for an entrepreneurial, energetic, motivated, and collaborative leader who thinks strategically but is most comfortable driving execution and passionate about delivering results. The person in this position will be part of The HOW Institute’s senior leadership team and work closely with the Executive Chairman, and will be primarily externally facing.
- Develop the overall strategy and lead execution of all Institute-wide community and partnership building efforts.
- Identify and champion new offerings and partnerships that support the Institute’s mission.
- Ensure that coherent, aligned, and reinforcing programs and campaigns provide value to and grow the stakeholder community.
- Source, cultivate, and close new partner and fundraising opportunities to support the Institute’s strategy and programs.
- Manage all current partnerships and create engagement plans to grow partnership and revenue over time.
- Oversee all aspects of the management of systems, and processes, while delivering growth and expansion, enhanced community engagement, and increased community satisfaction.
- Ensure attainment of earned and contributed revenue goals to support a sustainable future for the Institute.
- Oversee planning and execution of engagement events and other stakeholder mobilization efforts.
- Assess, scope and identify impact and business value opportunities for the community.
- Engage with the Institute’s stakeholder community to ensure robust and responsive feedback, improve customer journey, and enhance long-term relationships.
- Serve as one of the senior members of The HOW Institute’s team, ensuring organization wide culture building and performance and contributing to strategy formation and refinement.
- Support innovation and product development with key insights from the stakeholder community and marketplace in order to create sustainable revenue streams.
- Ensure that community engagement and partnership initiatives reinforce The HOW Institute’s commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Ideal candidates for this role will have:
- 10+ years of professional external affairs, business development or related relationship management experience
- Successfully developed a strong professional network
- Proven track record building mutually beneficial partnerships with large organizations on behalf of a smaller business or non-profit entity
- An entrepreneurial spirit and demonstrated ability to open new doors
- Experience developing and managing relationships at senior level, ideally
- Experience leading community engagement and partnership development in a mission-driven environment.
- A proven agility to work seamlessly across cross-functional teams
- A strong work ethic, and an ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- A nimble and flexible work style, with an ability to pivot quickly from one project to another.
- Ability to think strategically while also managing tactics and logistics.
- Experience bringing people together through events, networks and membership communities
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- A strong commitment to The HOW Institute for Society’s mission
- A Bachelor’s degree in any field
- Tech savvy, comfortable with CRM and Office applications as well as online and social networks
- Office location in New York, NY, currently remote due to COVID-19 pandemic.
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Comprehensive health and other benefits
- Applicants need to be eligible to work legally in the United States
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.