About the Organization:
For over 40 years ArtsConnection has been one of New York City’s most comprehensive arts education organizations with programs in the performing, visual and media arts. The organization has provided innovative arts programming to millions of students in the NYC public school system, enhancing their intellectual, social and emotional growth, while developing groundbreaking educational models. Each year, ArtsConnection partners with over 120 schools across all five boroughs, reaching students in grades pre-K-12, through programs taught by a culturally diverse faculty of professional artists in media, theater, dance, visual art and music. During the out-of-school hours, ArtsConnection’s programs link NYC’s vast cultural resources with teens and families.
About the Position:
Working in close partnership with the senior leadership team, the Director of Operations will manage the overall internal operations of the organization, evolve and build the systems that will position the organization to successfully support our mission while staying current and relevant to the context of supporting young people through the arts.
The successful candidate will be a strategic systems thinker with experience driving results in a non-profit communal environment. They will have experience supervising others and managing a wide range of simultaneous projects, while also understanding the importance of equity and inclusion in all decision making.
Working under the supervision of ArtsConnection’s Executive Director and in partnership with the senior leadership team, the Director of Operations is responsible for:
OPERATIONAL SYSTEMS AND STRUCTURES
- Ensure program and operational systems are structured enough to allow for consistent execution
- Build, enhance and refine processes to support program and fiscal operations that are effective and efficient
- Manage organizational communication systems and ensure workplace environment sets employees up for success
- Coordinate and communicate clear systems and inventory for managing office and programmatic equipment
- Facilitate Department of Education (DOE) contracting process with an understanding of program models and financial implications, and compliance with DOE regulations
- Facilitate renewal of Artist Contracts and design of future pay structures
- Support and develop procedures and flow of information between ArtsConnection departments (Fiscal, Programs, Development, Communications)
- Update and help organization adhere to the Artist Manual, Employee manual and, Intern manual
- Utilize technology to streamline internal operations, programs, and meet the evolving needs of the organization
- Supervise systems manager and educational technology coordinator
- Ensure clear system for storage and inventory of digital material (i.e. photo, videos, media release forms)
- Ensure clear system for storage and inventory of all equipment used by staff, artists, and schools (I.e. laptops, ipads, cameras, microphones, headsets)
- Ensure clear system for storage and inventory or all instruments and arts materials in use by schools
- Evolve current systems to plan and track program data needed for funding proposals and reports
- Serve as a central owner for all organizational reports and dashboards, ensuring sufficient upkeep and data entry
ARTS EDUCATION OPERATIONS
- Collaborate, with Director of Programs, Associate Director of Professional Development and Teaching Artist Advisory Board focused on artist hiring, mentorship and assessment
- Keep organizationally present and coordinate Community Care and DEIA efforts
- Stay current with policies and procedures related to working with city agencies like the Department of Education, Department of Health and Department of Youth and Community Development.
- Facilitate procedures for artist onboarding, data collection and mandated trainings.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Comfort navigating a diversity of information and crafting a stable but flexible operational plan/system to make decisions based on those variables.
- Strategic thinker who can analyze and synthesize large amounts of data quickly, draw conclusions and define solutions.
- Systems thinker who does not respond to individual scenarios or prompts, but understands the symptoms of a challenge and can design broad operational systems
- Strong working knowledge of operational and technology solutions that support programs and organizational systems.
- Experience in Blackbaud/Raiser’s Edge and Microsoft 365 a plus
DEADLINE for applications: Tuesday July 26, 2021 by 9:00 am
Annual full-time salary: $75,000
Hours: 9 am – 5 pm, with some evenings and weekends
In-person attendance required
Cover letter and resume only to email@example.com
Subject line: Director of Operations
No calls please.
ArtsConnection is an equal opportunity employer. We have a strong commitment to equity and inclusion, and value the leadership and skills of people from diverse backgrounds. People of color, LGBTQ persons, and people from other historically marginalized backgrounds are encouraged to apply.