CO/LAB Theater Group seeks a Development Manager to focus on special events, institutional fundraising, and individual giving. This team member would ideally begin work with CO/LAB on October 1st.
CO/LAB Theater Group is committed to creating an inclusive work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our organizational values state “All Are Welcome” at CO/LAB—applicants of all races, religions, gender identities or expressions, familial statuses, sexual orientations, ages, or disabilities are highly encouraged to apply. We are committed to continually diversifying our team and we aim to include new voices and experiences to our work.
WE’RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO CAN JUMP ON BOARD AND:
- Manage CO/LAB’s Special Events:
○ Organize & oversee workflow for an annual cabaret and large-scale benefit.
○ Coordinate event logistics including venue, timelines, and sponsorship.
○ Develop effective ticketing and fundraising strategies.
- Spearhead Individual Giving Efforts:
○ Cultivate meaningful donor relationships on behalf of CO/LAB and liaise with key CO/LAB constituents (Boards, Staff, etc) to develop and execute cultivation efforts.
○ Manage major gifts program, monthly donor communication, and donor database ○ Collaborate with Communications team on strategy and execution of appeals and acknowledgments
- Oversee Grants & Institutional Giving:
○ Researching potential foundation, government, and corporate opportunities.
○ Write proposals, reports, and renewal applications
○ Collaborate on supplemental materials grant submissions inclusive of marketing materials, project budgets, or educational information
○ Manage internal grants calendar
○ Create and develop relationships with current or prospective funders
WE’RE HOPING YOU CAN SAY YES TO ALL OR MOST OF THE FOLLOWING:
- I have relevant education, work, or volunteer experience that would apply to this position. ● I have exceptional communication skills, can tell compelling organizationals stories, and can adjust my communication strategies for internal and external audiences
- I am a great relationship builder and networker.
- I am organized and able to work on several projects at once.
- I love to collaborate but can also work independently.
- I am solution-oriented and willing to contribute my creative ideas to the team.
- I respect and will abide by CO/LAB’s core values (Check out our core values below!)
TELL ME MORE ABOUT THIS JOB:
- The position reports to the Executive Director.
- This position is part-time and requires 20 hours per week. Occasional nights and weekends will be required.
- The position will receive an annual salary of $25,000.
- While some in-person office hours and/or meetings will be required, CO/LAB is proud to offer employees a flexible schedule and remote work opportunities. A specific schedule will be agreed upon by the employee and their supervisors.
- CO/LAB is proud to offer a generous vacation policy for our administrative staff. ● CO/LAB will provide access to the appropriate technology needed to carry out the responsibilities of this position.
- CO/LAB believes in creating a work environment where employees are nurtured and supported. We provide an annual professional development stipend, take extreme care in our performance management systems, and have multiple full-team outings per year.
- CO/LAB Theater Group is a non-profit organization dedicated to providing Creative Opportunities without Limits And Boundaries. CO/LAB offers individuals with developmental disabilities a creative and social outlet through theater arts. Through our programming, we encourage actors to collaborate as an ensemble and discover their individual voices. CO/LAB creates a safe, judgment-free, and neuro-diverse environment that allows participants the opportunity to express themselves both in class and on stage. We seek to honor and celebrate every individual. CO/LAB aims to offer financially accessible programs to all.
- Our organizational core values which guide our daily work:
○ All are welcome; CO/LAB fosters a community with open doors that is supportive of people with all abilities, beliefs, and backgrounds.
○ CO/LAB honors and celebrates each individual for who they are. We value everyone’s unique contribution to our ensemble at large.
○ We set the bar high, artistically and administratively. We are ambitious. We learn, grow, and thoughtfully apply our knowledge.
○ At CO/LAB we listen carefully, encourage new ideas, and collaborate with team members. ○ We are determined to have generous, honest, passionate, joyful people leading the organization.
- We recommend perusing our website and social media channels to find out more about our team and our work!
TELL ME HOW TO APPLY:
● Apply at https://www.colabtheatergroup.com/job-opportunities by August 20th. ● Late or incomplete applications will not be considered. No phone calls please.