WHO WE ARE
Kids in the Game is dedicated to developing New York City’s youth by providing opportunities through sports and fitness to the schools and communities we serve. Our goal is to develop the next generation of leaders by developing healthy habits, an active lifestyle, and promoting personal growth through play and competition. During the school year, KING is rooted in dozens of schools around New York City, offering recess, after-school, physical education, early drop off fitness, creative movement and sports instruction.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are hiring part-time performing arts specialists with training to teach dance and creative movement classes in our after school enrichment programs. Our dance and creative movement specialists are responsible for planning, organizing, and implementing a series of age-appropriate introductory to intermediate-level dance lessons for children ages 5-13. Typically, our specialists work in different schools throughout the week, where they teach anywhere from 10 to 20 hours per week (depending on availability and skill set) at a competitive hourly rate. Specialists who possess a wide range of performing arts skill sets, such as dance, ballet, step, creative movement, and Zumba, will have the opportunity to work with different age groups and schools throughout New York City.
- Commit to a weekly schedule of dance classes (2-3 hours per day) at assigned schools located in Manhattan, Brooklyn, and the Bronx
- Lead age-appropriate lessons for groups of 15-20 children in our after school programs
- Implement a curriculum of engaging performing arts activities that can be adapted to children’s various learning styles and developmental needs
- Demonstrate strong organizational and supervision skills to help children prepare for school performances during the year
- Display patience and utilize positive behavior management skills to manage children’s behaviors and respond to their needs
WHAT WE ARE GOING TO LOVE ABOUT YOU
Our ideal candidate would meet some or all of the following qualifications:
- Experience teaching dance to groups of elementary and/or middle school children
- Possess at least two years of prior teaching experience in different dance genres; experience with teaching dance in schools is strongly desired
- Possess strong interpersonal skills to relate to younger children, work with different age groups, and partner with school staff to support children’s physical and emotional needs
- Be available to work Monday – Friday during after school hours (3-6pm) to teach dance lessons and help children prepare for ongoing performances