COMMUNICATIONS & BRAND MANAGER
National Dance Institute (NDI) seeks a full-time Communications & Brand Manager to create, execute, and advance its communications strategies across its programs and initiatives. The Communications & Brand Manager will combine their expertise in communications with their passion for the arts and storytelling to deliver innovative content and narratives to support our mission and programmatic offerings. This position reports to the Executive Director in conjunction with NDI’s Marketing Consultant.
The ideal candidate will have strong writing and strategic thinking skills, along with a passion for brand building. In addition, we are looking for an individual with a keen attention to detail and the ability to manage projects from concept to final product in a fast-paced, creative environment.
- Craft, produce, and revise written content for fundraising, program, and brand initiatives;
- Create and execute engaging web and social media content to support fundraising campaigns, programs and brand initiatives;
- Utilize project management skills to shepherd projects from beginning to end, on time and on budget;
- Manage design projects (and liaise with designers), including, but not limited to promotional brochures, event collateral, direct mail fundraising packages, website graphics, social media, and email templates;
- Organize, track and manage workflow and deadlines for communications assignments and projects;
- Identify, negotiate contracts, manage, and evaluate outside vendors;
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of industry trends, with an emphasis on website, social, and mobile applications; and,
- Other related projects as assigned.
- Bachelors degree and minimum 2 years related experience;
- Superior writing, editing, communication, and presentation skills;
- Good design, typographical sensibilities and problem-solving abilities;
- Able to work proactively with various departments, as well as be a self-starter in getting projects off the ground and taking initial concepts forward to a highly polished product on deadline;
- Must be organized with a strong attention to detail, and be able to juggle multiple tasks under tight deadlines and in a fast-paced environment;
- Working knowledge of MS Office; HTML/Dreamweaver; WordPress; and email marketing software, particularly Constant Contact and MailChimp; advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite; and project management software Asana.
- Photography and videography experience a plus.
- Experience working with Mac operating systems and in a Mac networked environment.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply, please send resume, a cover letter with salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org. Preference will be given to candidates whose cover letters directly address the position being offered. This is an immediate opening and the position will remain open until filled. We will only respond to those with whom an interview is requested. No calls and no recruiters, please.
NDI is an equal employment opportunity employer. Our policy is to select, place, train and promote the best-qualified individuals based upon relevant factors such as work quality, attitude and experience. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, familial status, military status, domestic violence status, sexual orientation, predisposing genetic characteristics, or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.