Casita Maria creates a safe and welcoming community, enriching and uplifting youth and families towards success, through shared cultural art and educational experiences and programs. We are searching for an Associate Program Coordinator to join a dynamic and thriving team of professionals, celebrating arts and culture as integral to our vitality and success. We are committed to working together as a team to enhance the intellectual, creative, physical and emotional growth of everyone we serve. We strive to demonstrate understanding and compassion in the workplace embracing curiosity and transparency while aspiring to set the gold standard as a non-profit. Casita Maria is a safe space where everyone values each other and the community as we aspire to greatness.
At Casita Maria, we view diversity of cultures, backgrounds, identities, and perspectives as a source of collective strength. In pursuit of our mission to cultivate thoughtful individuals who engage the world meaningfully, we value every young person, parent/guardian, caring adult, neighborhood resident, and staff member regardless of race, religion, gender or beliefs.
The Associate Program Coordinator is responsible for assisting the Program Coordinator in the day-to-day operations of the assigned Casita Maria after-school and summer camp program for youth. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to co-training, co-managing and co-evaluating a team of professionals and co-implementation of the youth program’s curriculum and design in a proficient manner in order to meet contractual obligations while maintaining a safe environment in accordance with various regulations. Additionally, the Associate Program Coordinator is co-responsible for the program development and managing relations with school and program partners.
The Associate Program Coordinator will be supported by a team of Education professionals including the Program Coordinator, Associate Director of Programs, Education Specialist, Group Leaders, Teaching Artists, and Interns/Volunteers. Team members also collaborate with other department leaders including Creative Arts.
- In coordination with the Program Coordinator implements high-quality programming, which includes a supportive and engaging environment.
- Assist in the oversight of after-school and summer camp programs, ensuring alignment with Casita Maria’s mission, strategy, and objectives, while ensuring contractual requirements are met.
- In coordination with the Program staff, develop work scope, manage and implement a program schedule of activities in accordance with specifications and funding limitations.
- Alongside the Program Coordinator, recruit, enroll and retain program participants utilizing approved promotional or marketing methods, such as brochures, flyers or presentations at parent-teacher conferences and school/community meetings.
- Assist in distributing, receiving, auditing and managing program files and participant applications to ensure that the required regulations are met.
- Ensure data entry and attendance are managed weekly on the required databases including but not limited to Advantage, EZ Reports, and DYCD Connect.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with schools, youth, other community organizations, program partnerships, and parents and families.
- In coordination with the Program Coordinator, the Associate Director of Program and HR, co-interview, co-train, co-manage and co-evaluate a team of professionals including but not limited to Group Leaders and Teaching Artists.
- Co-Supervise, observe and conduct weekly/monthly staff meetings with direct reports.
- Create and maintain a welcoming, productive, and encouraging environment for participants, their families, and members of the community.
- Collaborate with families to increase family engagement.
- All other duties as necessitated by the position.
- High school diploma or equivalent and at least two years of experience in an office setting.
- Familiarity with the NYC/NYS funded programs including DYCD, Advantage, Empire.
- Experience working with youth of promise with a sound understanding of the social and cultural issues facing urban families.
- Supervisory experience and team building
REQUIRED SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Passion working with youth.
- Exceptional writing and editorial skills required; clear verbal communication skills required.
- Highly motivated, detail-oriented, ability to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively, quickly and under pressure—with a sense of humor.
- Ability to meet deadlines, attend meetings and prioritize tasks.
- Integrity, professional discretion, and professionalism.
- Strong computer skills: knowledge of Google Drive suite and other standard business technology is required.
- Bilingual – Spanish/English a plus.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- Works in an office environment
- Frequently sits and stands for long periods of time
- Frequently speaks, reads, writes and uses a computer keyboard
- May require occasional walking, lifting, stooping, and bending
- May require walking up flights of stairs
- Twenty (20) Vacation Days
- Three (3) Personal Days
- Twelve (12) Sick Days
- Twelve (12) Paid Holidays
- Medical Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- 403b Retirement Plan (Employee Contributions Only)
- Aflac Supplemental Insurance
- Pre-tax Healthcare Flexible Spending Account
- Pre-tax Transit Account
- Life Insurance (Employer paid)
- $40,000.00 annually
Send a Resume and Cover Letter to email@example.com Subject Line: Associate Program Coordinator.