Actionplay, a neuroinclusive theatre nonprofit, is looking for an Assistant Chorus Director. In the Actionplay Chorus, autistic, neurodivergent, and disabled singers work on performing songs they want to sing as an ensemble, performing publicly 2-5 times throughout the year.
The Assistant Chorus Director will help facilitate rehearsals for the Actionplay Chorus, working one-on-one with individual ensemble members to support and accommodate them, while also offering any assistance necessary to the Music Director to make sure rehearsals run smoothly.
- Accompanist with strong sight-reading skills
- Experience in vocal music and choir performance
- Available for 25 Sunday sessions, 12:30pm-2pm, October through May
- A member of the autistic / neurodivergent / disabled community
- Classroom management skills – able to handle frustration or conflict while keeping things moving
- Licensed music therapist
- Experience teaching singing, particularly to beginner vocalists
- Experience working with high schoolers and college-aged adults