Reports to: Arts in Education Director
Classification: Non-exempt, Full Time, Temp to Perm
Salary: $40,000 with benefits, position is through June 2021 with possibility to be hired permanently, dependent on funding
Location: Remote Work that may require some in-office duties, all performed under safe, socially distanced protocols.
About Brooklyn Arts Council:
Celebrating more than 50 years of service, Brooklyn Arts Council (BAC) is the borough’s leading nonprofit organization supporting artists and cultural groups in all disciplines. Working through the pandemic to act responsively and nimbly to the emerging needs of our community, BAC is committed to serving the arts ecosystem through grants, professional development, cultural heritage programming, and arts education provided via distance learning. By creating and supporting cultural events and platforms for Brooklynites, BAC provides forums for critical thinking and self-expression, enriches Brooklyn’s cultural landscape, and generates experiences that expand horizons.
Brooklyn Arts Council strives to a foster a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace where our employees and volunteers – whatever their gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, age, sexual orientation or identity, education, or ability – feel valued and respected.
We are committed to being a nondiscriminatory organization that provides equal opportunity for employment and advancement in our programs and at our worksites. We respect and value diverse life experiences and heritages, and work to ensure that all voices are valued and heard. We are committed to modeling diversity and inclusion for the arts community in Brooklyn, and to maintaining an inclusive environment with equitable treatment for all.
Brooklyn Arts Council prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
The Arts in Education Coordinator is a self-motivated, dynamic team player, focused on enriching lifelong learning for seniors and students through arts experiences in school and community settings as part of Brooklyn Art’s Council’s the Arts in Education (AIE) team.
The Arts in Education Coordinator must be a creative individual with strong attention to detail, and superior writing and communications skills. This position includes, but is not limited to, outreach via phone and email, coordinating procedures and record-keeping to ensure smooth program execution and reporting, and assisting with preparations for grant applications and reports.
The Arts in Education Coordinator will work closely with and report to the Director of Arts in Education, collaborate with BAC staff, Teaching Artists, and Partner Teachers.
- Outreach and Support for Teaching Artists, directors of senior centers, and individual participants in creative aging programs and school-based programs.
- Develop and maintain electronic and paper filing systems, maintain AIE calendar and other AIE program tracking documents, track AIE Teaching Artist’s contact information, hiring status and availability.
- Interact with partners, teaching artists and AIE team members, including on-site visits to schools and other facilities.
- Coordinating and producing documentation of programs and performances.
- Participate in interdepartmental events and activities, as schedule permits.
- Assist AIE staff at professional development sessions, including orientations and workshops.
- Lift boxes of arts supplies that weigh 20 – 30 lbs.
- Additional tasks and responsibilities as needed.
Desired Skills & Expertise
- Bachelor’s Degree in Arts, Education, or related field, or comparable experience.
- At least 2 years of professional administrative experience.
- Excellent written, oral communication and social skills.
- Strong customer service experience. Keen attention to detail.
- Strong computer skills; facility with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel; internet research required
- Database experience, especially with Salesforce, preferred.
- Experience with NYC DFTA and DOE systems helpful.
- Bilingual (Spanish or Chinese, especially) is helpful, but not required
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, “AIE Coordinator” in subject line. All items above are required. No calls or faxes, please. Applications accepted until position is filled.