Reports to the Executive Director
Location: Sundog office at 950 West Fingerboard Rd, Staten Island, NY 10305
Status: Full-Time (9am – 5pm Mon – Fri), non-exempt, salaried position
About Sundog Theater
Sundog Theatre, founded in 2002, is a Staten Island-based performing arts organization with an excellent reputation for offering original and contemporary theatre, delivering 80 arts-in-education programs in over 30 schools, touring productions that are relevant and educational for today’s young people, and providing acting classes for children. We are all team players with the mission to create positive change through the power of live performance and the arts. www.SundogTheatre.org
Administrative Coordinator Job Description:
- Assist executive director/arts education manager with general administrative duties
- Coordinate meetings, take notes
- Keep track of agreements, coordinate with customers/vendors
- Create/update contact lists/spreadsheets
- Coordinate class registrations
- Coordinate annual fundraiser and holiday party
- Coordinate theatre ushers, set up tickets, manage costume inventory
- Assist with basic theatrical production duties when necessary
- Answer phones, make copies/scans, write letters, check teaching artist references
- Create and send out marketing/media e-mails
- Update website and all social media
- Order/keep track of supplies
- Create reports/SOPs
- Book audition/rehearsal spaces
- Basic graphic design skills desirable, knowledge of PhotoShop/Elements or graphics program helpful. We also encourage you to use your creative skills in various areas, whatever those might entail.
- WordPress and video editing skills desirable
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent self-management, with great attention to detail and follow-through
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills along with an ability to handle multiple priorities
- Collaborative and teambuilding strengths
- Ability to work in an often fast-paced, open office environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher)
- Familiarity with Staten Island desirable and access to a car is helpful
- Needs to move about inside office to access file cabinets, etc.; ability to remain in stationary position (i.e. at desk) at least 50% of time and ability to lift up to 20 lbs if necessary.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Work experience: At least 2 years working in an arts and/or education not-for-profit setting.
Salary: Competitive, commensurate with experience. Health benefits and paid holidays.
Starting date: August/September 2020
Send resume, cover letter, 3 references, and salary desired to email@example.com.
No calls please. Qualified applicants will be contacted. We are an equal opportunity employer.