RTKids is accepting applications for a variety of qualified part-time professional teaching artist (Acting Technique, Private Vocal, Musical Direction, Song Performance Coach, Theater Dance, Ballet, Tap) positions, for its partnership Musical Theater training program with the Professional Performing Arts School.
- Qualifying applicants must be available to commit to a weekly schedule for the duration of the full school year (per NYC DOE Public School Calendar), starting September of 2021, and ending May of 2022.
- All applicants must also have a professional background in the Theater Arts (MFA, BFA, BA, or equivalent experience in the performing arts), as both an educator and performer, and have a passion for arts education.
- Respect for children, and belief in the mission of the organization.
- Ability to both collaborate and work independently
- Commitment to conservatory-style performance training in an empathetic, and engaging environment.
- Anti-racist teaching practices, and inclusive approach to classroom and studio work
- Excellent classroom management skills
- Schedule follows the 2021-22 NYC Public School Year Calendar, from September thru May.
- 1:30-3:30pm (2-5 days a week)
- Classes located at Maravel Arts Center (45th st. bet 9th and 10th ave), or other mid-town professional studio spaces.
- Instructors will work with the Artistic Director on all course planning.
- Instructors will be required to maintain an online gradebook and attendance record, and to professionally communicate with enrolled students.
- Instructors may also be required to attend paid/additional staff meetings, or professional development workshops.
- All instructors will undergo fingerprinting and a background check, as required by the NYC DOE.
- RTKids offers a competitive hourly teaching rate ($55 + per hour).
About Rosie’s Theater Kids:
Rosie’s Theater Kids (RTKids), an arts education nonprofit founded by Rosie O’Donnell and Lori Klinger in 2003. RTKids positively changes the trajectory of young people’s lives by providing comprehensive classes in music, dance, and drama; thoughtful mentoring; and structured academic guidance from fifth grade to high school graduation. Through its in-school, after-school, and summer programming, RTKids reaches over 1,100 New York City public school students annually.
Located only short walk from the Professional Performing Arts School (PPAS) on W. 48th street, RTKids has partnered with PPAS and the NYC DOE since 2009, providing pre-conservatory training in singing, dancing and acting to its approximately 100 students who have been accepted as Musical Theater Majors. The PPAS MT Program at RTKids gives students a robust and challenging training experience, preparing many for acceptance to competitive BFA programs across the country.
RTKids is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, disability, predisposing genetic characteristic, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, uniformed service, protected activity (i.e:, opposition to prohibited discrimination or participation in proceedings covered by the anti-discrimination statutes) or any other characteristic protected by law. To this end, all employment-related decisions are made on a non-discriminatory basis and in full compliance with federal, state and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment. RTKids also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request, or when made aware of such a need. RTKids recognizes the value of diversity in the workplace generally and at RTKids in particular. It is the policy of RTKids to encourage and promote the recruitment of women, people of color and other under-represented groups. The intent of this policy is to broaden the pool of applicants for all positions, entry level and advanced, so that people from under-represented groups are made aware that these opportunities exist and that the workplace at RTKids is welcoming and inclusive.
To Apply: Please send a Resume/CV to Jeff Statile, Artistic Director of PPAS MT at RTKids (email@example.com).