Type of Position: Part Time
Salary: $80 - $100/hr
Job Type: In-person, Virtual, Hybrid
Application Post Date: December 22, 2021
Application Deadline: March 31, 2022
About Our Organization
Queens Theatre (QT) is one of the oldest performing arts venues in Queens. The Queens Theatre Education (QTEd) strives to create learning opportunities through theatre, dance and music that will engage students across cultures in the transformative experience of participating in the performing arts. QTEd focuses on devising and developing original material with participants.
Job Position Summary
QTEd seeks theatre, dance and music teaching artists with experience in devising original plays, choreography and/or songs with grade school students and/or senior citizens.
• Teaching experience in the performing arts (work in NYC public schools a plus)
• Professional experience in the performing arts.
• Experience in developing/adapting curriculum and lesson planning.
• Piano playing skills (Musical Directors)
• Experience in developing Play-Making curriculum.
• Able to teach in languages other than English. (Spanish fluency a plus)
• Experience teaching with various populations, e.g. early childhood, students with disabilities,
Multi-Language Learners, senior citizens.
• Knowledge of and experience in working with the Common Core State Standards.
• Experience teaching after-school, in-school, site specific and/or summer camp programs.
• College degree.
Roles & Responsibilities
• Lead performing arts workshops that focus on creating original material with the participants.
• Develop lesson plans for workshop activities.
• Report student growth to program director.
• Maintain relationships with teachers, program directors, parents and students.
How to Apply
REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS:
1. A resume demonstrating training and experience as both a performing artist and a teacher.
2. A residency outline or lesson plan for a workshop in a discipline of theatre, dance or
music. (A lesson plan for play-making a plus)
Email resume to: email@example.com
It is essential to QT’s mission that our teaching staff reflect the diversity of our home borough. We seek applicants of all races, ethnicities and abilities. Multi-lingual teaching artists are a plus. EOE.