Type of Position: Part-Time
Salary: $35-$45 per hour
Job Type: In-person
Application Post Date: September 24, 2021
Application Deadline: October 21, 2021
Job Position Summary
Reel Works seeks a Teaching Artist for our Reel Works in-Schools program for the 2020-2021 school year. We are looking for artists who bring fresh ideas in media making and education into our program offerings.
October 2021 – June 2022 (Part-time)
Reel Works In-Schools serves middle and high school students throughout NYC. Students will learn from a combination of instruction, hands-on experiences, trips, and conversations throughout the school year.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Plan and facilitate activity for scholars during the residency
- Create age-appropriate lesson plans and activities
- Maintain a positive learning environment
- Collaborate and communicate with supervisory staff and team members
- Report weekly to supervisors about classroom activities.
- Support a Student Teaching Artist support by coaching and providing opportunities for them to lead several lessons
- Participate in professional development training from Reel Works and outside training partners: Ramapo, PASE, DOE, etc.
- BA in Media, Arts and/or Education
- Proficiency in arts/media discipline
- Multiple languages is a plus
- Experience working with youth, teaching, and curriculum development aligned with NYC Blueprint for Learning & Teaching in the Arts a plus
- Detail-oriented with excellent communication, organizational, interpersonal and writing skills
- Be a positive role model to students, school staff and fellow Teaching Artists
- Be able to use Zoom and Google Classroom.
Salary: $35 – $45 per hour. This is a part-time position that does not include health benefits. Hourly wage commensurate with experience in filmmaking, technical skills, teaching, and youth development.
How to Apply
Please email a resume, cover letter, 3 references, and work samples via Indeed (linked above).