Type of Position: Full-Time
Salary: $40,000 - $47,000
Job Type: Hybrid
Application Post Date: January 10, 2022
Application Deadline: January 20, 2022
About Our Organization
Midori & Friends engages PreK-12 grade students with little or no access to the arts in transformative music education programs at over 50 NYC school and community partner sites. What began in 1992 as world-renowned violinist Midori’s vision to bring exceptional music to NYC students, Midori & Friends become a music education leader embraced by a community of thousands. The organization has reached over 300,000 young people in our history, and yet the impact of our story lies with each individual child.
Job Position Summary
School Programs Coordinator will provide essential support to the School Programs and Partnerships Associate in order to successfully execute all Play to Learn programs for NYC public schools. Successful candidates will be motivated, energetic, and organized individuals capable of developing and implementing innovative strategies to achieve our growth and development goals. This position is located in New York City.
Roles & Responsibilities
School Partnership and Program Development
- Cultivate relationships with schoolteachers, school administrators, community organization leaders, the Department of Education, teaching artists, and performers to ensure quality development and implementation of all programs.
- Identify and develop relationships with new partner schools and organizations.
- Implement, coordinate and manage skills-based instrument and vocal music residencies throughout NYC schools through the coordination and facilitation of planning meetings, and workshop and concert schedules with schoolteachers, administrators and artists.
- Produce student recitals and performances at school and community events.
- Oversee and coordinate workshop and performance series at various schools throughout NYC.
- Assist in developing program curricula, study guides, training and evaluation tools and other educational materials in collaboration with staff, artists and education consultant.
- Develop and monitor individual school program budgets.
- Assist Schools and Community Partnerships Program Associate in providing support to 53 teaching artists and 20 performing ensembles.
- Participate in interviewing, hiring, orientation, training, evaluation and supervision of teaching artists and performing ensembles.
- Work with the Program team to design, develop, manage and lead professional development workshops.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities: Bachelor’s degree required; Minimum of two years’ experience in arts administration; two years of NYC teaching experience in or afterschool preferred; Familiarity of NYS Learning Standards, Common Core Standards, the NYC Blueprint for Teaching and Learning in Music, as well as knowledge of NYC public schools.
A team builder to interface effectively with school administrators, teachers and artists; The ability to manage multiple projects and coordinate on-site school programs, including classes, rehearsals and performances; Exceptional verbal and written communication skills; Excellent organizational and management skills with attention to detail; Creative thinker and planner; Strong PC and database skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Salesforce, etc); Passion for music, education and young people.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying for this exciting opportunity, please forward your resume and cover letter in confidence to email@example.com. Please state “School Programs Coordinator” in the subject line. No applications will be accepted without a cover letter. No phone calls, please. Closing date: January 20, 2022.
Midori & Friends is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to hire staff members who reflect the diversity of the communities we serve. All positions at Midori & Friends are filled without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, employment status, HIV/AIDS status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. All are encouraged to apply. The intent of this position description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities with regard to this position. Actual duties may require performance of other jobs related tasks, in addition to those presented in the description. If you have any specific questions to ask in relation to the role, please send them to the email address above and a member of our team will do our best to respond to you in a timely manner.