Type of Position: full-time
Job Type: Hybrid
Application Post Date: November 3, 2021
Application Deadline: November 26, 2021
About Our Organization
For over 42 years ArtsConnection has been one of New York City’s most comprehensive arts education organizations with programs in the performing, visual and media arts. The organization has provided innovative arts programming to millions of students in the NYC public school system, enhancing their intellectual, social and emotional growth, while developing groundbreaking educational models. Each year, ArtsConnection partners with schools across all five boroughs, reaching students in grades pre-K-12, through programs taught by a culturally diverse faculty of professional artists in theater, dance, music, visual arts and media. During the out-of-school hours, ArtsConnection’s programs link NYC’s vast cultural resources to teens and families.
Job Position Summary
Program Managers are facilitators of learning and logistics in ArtsConnection’s programs in specific schools. Strong communication and multi-tasking skills are required to facilitate understanding of educational and artistic goals and objectives among teachers, artists, school administrators, school coordinators and parents. Additional responsibilities include: design, plan and document programs; collaboratively plan and lead Professional Development for Teaching Artists and classroom teachers; statistical reporting; supervision of teaching artists and assistants; and payroll management.
For this specific position, we are looking for a dynamic administrator and educator to manage and facilitate in-school residencies at public schools throughout the city, including a DYCD funded after-school program at a middle school in Park Slope Brooklyn. This position is responsible for ensuring quality arts programming while also keeping on track with DYCD, DOH and other funder deliverables.
Minimum of 3 years professional and supervisory experience managing programs with schools, working directly with children and working in the arts. Understanding of educational issues; excellent personal, e-mail, and phone communication skills; problem solving skills and ability to work well under pressure essential; detail-oriented; bilingual Spanish a plus; computer proficiency a must. NYC Department of Education Fingerprint Clearance required.
DOH and DYCD required Qualifications:
- Associates Degree in child development, education or related field or
- New York State Children’s Program Administrator Credential or
- School Age Child Care Credential or 18 college credits in child development, education or related field.
- An applicant may describe in writing how their courses and experiences meet the regulatory requirements that are relevant to this position.
Hours: 9 am – 5 pm, or 10am – 6 pm (depending on scheduling), with some early mornings, evenings and weekends
Roles & Responsibilities
- Communicate with schools to create, plan and implement programs
- Facilitate planning and reflection meetings among teachers and artists
- Create budgets and manage payroll
- Prepare artist, school, and student/parent correspondence
- Supervise teaching artists’ work in schools and participate in on-going selection, training and evaluation of teaching artists
- Collaboratively plan and lead Professional Development for teaching artists and classroom teachers
- Schedule and supervise site coordinators/group leaders
- Schedule and supervise student performances
- Observe and participate in ArtsConnection’s approaches to investigate the nature of teaching and learning in and through the arts
- Help staff achieve mandatory outcomes including data collection, input and reporting
How to Apply
Send letter and resume only to:
Subject line: Program Manager DYCD/SONYC
ArtsConnection is an equal opportunity employer. We have a strong commitment to equity and inclusion, and value the leadership and skills of people from diverse backgrounds. People of color, LGBTQ persons, and people from other historically marginalized backgrounds are encouraged to apply.