Type of Position: Part-time
Job Type: Hybrid
Application Post Date: December 22, 2021
Application Deadline: January 8, 2022
About Our Organization
BALLROOM BASIX (BBX), an arts-in-education initiative is dedicated to nurturing the social, emotional and physical well-being of schoolchildren, transforming the landscape of the classroom through instilling values of kindness, cooperation, camaraderie, inclusion, self-esteem, courtesy and respect in our young students through the joy of dance. Through dance, our Teaching Artists help provide the opportunity for connection, self-expression, validation and joyfulness inherent in the shared experience of dancing, which can truly make a difference in young children’s lives, and by extension, their families and communities.
Job Position Summary
We are seeking a Program Coordinator to join our team as we enter our busiest and most meaningful year ever. The PROGRAM COORDINATOR is a critical role in our mission to support our Teaching Artists – with an emphasis on fun, etiquette, caring, and inclusion.
A successful candidate will be:
– Highly organized with a strong ability to multitask: communication, projects and deadlines.
– Self-starting—in the absence of daily meetings, must be able to set short-term and long-term goals, and execute them accordingly.
– Proficient with Google Suite (Sheets, Docs, Calendar, Drive), and the ability/willingness to learn other organizing software.
And will have:
– 1-2+ years of administrative experience preferably in the arts or education non-profit sector.
– An Associates/Bachelors degree (preferred, some college required).
– A natural ability to pleasantly communicate in-person, over the phone and through email; representing the organization with positivity and enthusiasm. Customer service experience is a plus.
– The ability to work cooperatively and compassionately with both the administrative and artistic team, especially our teaching staff.
– An understanding of the hurdles faced by a small and developing nonprofit organization.
Roles & Responsibilities
The Program Coordinator Role includes:
- Facilitating correspondence between our organization, partner schools, and teaching staff, which includes phone calls, e-mails, meetings, disseminating program materials, and arranging for final events/performances at the conclusion of each program.
- Coordinating schedules through the use of G-Suite and Calendar
- Preparing outlines, organizing meeting notes and creating and managing action items/task lists and lots more!
- Assisting with event planning and “run of show” for community engagements.
How to Apply
A flexible part-time schedule is available, but we ask that you be reachable by phone/text between 8 am and 4 pm school days to support the Teaching Artists during school hours. We adhere to all New York State, CDC and NYC requirements for safety. Administrative work is done remotely, however, some work may be at school sites.
To apply and learn more about BALLROOM BASIX, please send your resume and a brief cover letter to: info @ ballroombasix.org
BALLROOM BASIX USA provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. We are passionately committed to diversity, inclusion and equity for all.