Type of Position: Full Time
Salary: The starting salary is $58,500 annually, with all standard Roundabout benefits included.
Job Type: In-person
Application Post Date: August 17, 2021
Job Position Summary
Roundabout Theatre Company, one of the nation’s largest not-for-profit theatres, seeks an energetic, personable individual to join the company as the Education Manager of Data and Career Development.
This person will collect, process, and manage data (surveys, demographics, reports, and outcomes) of Education programming with a focus on Theatrical Workforce Development Program pathway programs, and will manage and support the department’s Career Development programing. This position reports to the Director of Career Training & Operations.
Roles & Responsibilities
This is some of what the Education Manager of Data and Career Development will do:
- Data and Reporting
- Manage the collection and synthesis of the department’s statistical and commutative information.
- Aggregate data and create reports to characterize the impact of programming.
- Prepare data for use in reports, grants, and presentations.
- Maintain and modify data collecting tools.
- Manage department’s training and use of software as pertains to data and record keeping (i.e. Tessitura, Share Point, Form Assembly, QuickBooks Time, etc.).
- Develop and manage department assessment plans for program operation, design, and evaluative outcomes (including outside evaluation, Education Logic Model, and internal audits).
- Manage Education at Roundabout’s Tessitura database in collaboration with Sales & Analytics and Information Technology departments.
- Collaborate with Roundabout’s inter-departmental Tessitura Team to troubleshoot software issues, discuss database maintenance and updates, review and revise processes and protocols, and relay pertinent information back to the Education department.
- Review contracts and agreements for data collection and reporting needs.
- Work with Development Department to coordinate grant/report schedules.
- Be knowledgeable about Roundabout’s contract with government and city agencies.
- Stay on top of current data collection trends in relation to arts education and workforce fields.
- Present data and findings at conferences.
- Synthesize findings and provide suggestions for changes or continuation within programming.
- Career Development
- Manage and develop the Career Development program: Season long apprenticeship and summer internships.
- Develop the program to be in line with Roundabout Strategic Priorities, including recruitment, hiring, onboarding, professional learning, and industry engagement.
- Work with Human Resources team to coordinate the recruitment, application review, interviews, hiring, and orientation of apprentice/intern cohorts.
- Schedule and facilitate weekly professional development for apprentice/intern cohorts.
- Schedule and host guests (members of RTC staff, alumni, and outside guests) to attend apprentice/intern cohort meetings.
- Serve as mentor to Career Development cohorts and provide workshop and meeting facilitation.
- Facilitate participant-directed learning opportunities.
- Supervise Apprentice Group Project(s).
- Liaise with apprentice/intern supervisors from each department.
- Set up and oversee independent Career Development Scholarship Committee.
- Coordinate Career Development data (pre, post, alumni survey information) from current and former apprentice/intern cohorts.
- Maintain Tessitura records for Career Development constituents.
- Develop and support ongoing relationships with Career Development alumni.
- Foster and maintain relationships with comparable career development programs at arts organizations.
- Manage and implement Roundabout’s IATSE Hidden Career Path Days in coordination with Career Training and Teaching & Learning staff.
- Manage and implement Roundabout’s College and Career Readiness Day in coordination with Career Training and Teaching & Learning staff.
- Represent Roundabout at the How To Stand Out multi-organization Career Development events.
- Coordinate High School Interns.
- Collaborate with Human Resources to identify and coordinate interdepartmental learning opportunities for Roundabout staff members.
- Other Duties
- Communicate with teaching artists, training partners, school representatives, external clients, and Roundabout staff via phone, email, and in-person meetings to administer programming.
- Create, maintain, and update all marketing materials for Career Development programming and events in coordination with Roundabout’s Marketing department.
- Collaborate with Education staff to ensure program is represented on Education at Roundabout’s social media.
- Coordinate with Education Staff to secure the photo and video documentation of Career Development programming and events.
- Participate in internal professional development programming.
- Provide support to Education Staff to produce the annual Student Theatre Arts Festival, Student Matinees, Community Conversations, and other essential programming.
- Represent Roundabout at arts education conferences, workshops, and other events.
This is some of what the Education Manager of Data and Career Development should know:
- Training in theatre, education, statistics, arts administration or related field from an educational institution or equivalent professional experience.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience required in the field of arts administration, data analysis, career development, customer service, or similar work.
- An ideal candidate will have excellent administrative and interpersonal skills.
- A general knowledge of all aspects of professional theatre.
- Knowledge of NYC schools a plus.
- Experience writing or contributing to grant applications is a plus.
- Tessitura knowledge and experience
- Computer software skills: Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, Tessitura, CRM, Form Assembly.
- Comfortable interacting with students, educators, workforce professionals, artists, and arts education professionals.
- Strong organization and communication skills.
- Multilingual skills a plus.
- Some weekend and evening hours required.
How to Apply
Please forward cover letter in PDF or Word format with salary requirements and resume to: email@example.com – and use code EMD0821 in the subject line. No phone calls please.