Type of Position: Full-Time
Job Type: In-person
Application Post Date: January 12, 2022
Application Deadline: February 28, 2022
About Our Organization
TADA!’s vision is that all young people grow up feeling successful, creative, confident, accepted, and accepting of themselves. Through the ability of people learning to express themselves well we can break down barriers of racism and inequality and create positive, active citizens.
TADA! Youth Theater’s mission since 1984 has been to provide young people from different social, racial, economic, and cultural backgrounds with musical theater programs that inspire them to learn, be creative, and think differently through high-quality productions, positive youth development, and education programs. TADA! is a unique, Drama Desk award-winning nonprofit youth theater that produces original musicals for children, teens, and family audiences. TADA! offers a free, year-round, pre-professional training and a positive youth development program for the Resident Youth Ensemble (ages 8-18); musical theater classes/camps for the public; as well as musical theater residencies in NYC schools and community centers. Through TADA!’s high-quality work, young people’s self-confidence and creativity are enhanced. They also develop advanced skills in leadership, communication, responsibility, collaboration, and problem-solving – skills that help with growing up and are essential to their success both in school and in life.
● Musical Theater Passion
● Unique Programming
● Artistic Excellence
● Empowerment and Leadership
● Arts for All
● Culture of Growth
● Nurture Creativity
Job Position Summary
Purpose of the Marketing Department:
To support, communicate, and further the mission of TADA! Youth Theater by raising awareness and visibility, and increasing TADA!’s
earned income for all programming (education, ensemble, and theater), so that TADA! can continue to grow.
Reports to: Executive and Producing Artistic Director and Director of Education
STRATEGIC PLANNING, ADMINISTRATION, AND MANAGEMENT:
- Support, communicate, and further the mission of TADA! by maintaining and strengthening the organization’s brand and profile
- Create, oversee, and execute the annual marketing budget, plan, and goals for each fiscal year, and coordinate with different departments to ensure its success; success includes meeting or exceeding earned income budget numbers, increasing partnerships with other organizations, increasing awareness of TADA! with NYC families; and increasing Board, staff and Alum participation in marketing efforts.
- Create, oversee, and execute the content calendar for all marketing campaigns (e.g., advertising plan and tasks, eblast and social media schedule, website upkeep, etc.)
- Hire, train, oversee and manage Marketing Assistant, Graphic Designer, consultants, interns, and volunteers
- Train, and supervise ticket and audience services staff (box office, fire guard and front of house) for all productions and events to ensure seamless and positive patron experience and COVID policies are understood and enforced
- Ensures the integration of TADA!’s Equity, Diversity, Inclusion and Justice values in marketing and communication touchpoints
- Attend staff, department, and organizational meetings
PARTNERSHIPS, COMMUNITY OUTREACH & ENGAGEMENT:
- Research, identify, and cultivate new relationships and partnerships with families, partners, publications, press, social media contacts, Alumni, schools, community centers, etc.
- Build, grow, and maintain new internal and external partnerships throughout the organization to advance cross-functional initiatives that can bring in new sales and audiences through e-blast exchanges, printed materials, street and intern fairs, collaborated events, etc.
- Share digital and hard collateral/assets (e.g., postcards, flyers, brochures, etc.) with the TADA! community to increase awareness and encourage them to share with their networks and community
- Implement and oversee audience engagement opportunities including community events and interactive opportunities
- Cultivate and get to know our current audiences by assisting with in-person events and performances throughout the fiscal (e.g., open houses, final performances for classes & camps, school partnerships, shows, gala, events, etc.)
SALES & CUSTOMER SERVICE:
- Create, build, and maintain box office and discount plans for shows and events
- Promote and sell education programs, productions, and other TADA! events
- Work with Office Manager & Rental Supervisor to promote space rentals and increase group sales for show
- Identify and Coordinate outside event/performance opportunities for the Resident Youth Ensemble of TADA! (RYET) that will help promote the program and/or TADA!’s mainstage shows
DIGITAL & PRINT ADVERTISING, EMAIL MARKETING, & PRESS:
- Oversee and execute advertising plan and email marketing campaigns (e.g., update and maintain ad collateral deadline calendar, place ads with appropriate publications, send publications and ad agencies events and information for editorials, write and edit copy, determine visual content, getting sign off by department heads, etc.)
- Oversee Google Adwords and boost interaction
- Work with Graphic Designer and department heads to create weekly in-house eblasts, digital ads, and print materials that promote all TADA! programs and events (e.g., classes, camps, shows, special events, appeals, Notes from Nina, auditions, news, etc.)
- Serve as the primary point of contact with our Public Relations Consultant (e.g., schedule press meetings with department heads and press representatives, pitch creative angles to secure advanced features and additional coverage for all aspects of programming, provide copy and photos, etc.)
- Create the playbill for each production and event
- Create, update, and analyze Google ad word campaigns, and make sure they are active and following non-profit procedures correctly
SOCIAL MEDIA & WEBSITE:
- Create, implement, and coordinate sharable content for TADA!’s social media accounts and website, promoting engagement with an eye towards informative and engaging content, as well as growing and diversifying TADA!’s audience.
- Social media:
- Help shape the company’s brand voice
- Assist with content curation and monitoring of social media accounts
- Coordinate, schedule, publish, and tailor daily posts across various social media platforms (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter) with an aim to engage fans and target new followers, building a broader audience.
- Identify and create ads for social media sites as needed
- Monitor, respond, and appropriately engage with TADA!’s social media account users
- Assist with maintaining and updating TADA!’s website (e.g, copy editing, design feedback, pulling photos, reaching out to staff to get copy or information, etc.)
- Act as liaison with TADA! web developer on current design, maintenance, enhancement, and troubleshooting issues
- Supervise and assist in successful media relations efforts by responding rapidly to news that intersects with our priorities, and developing and maintaining relationships with journalists and influencers across the state
- Remain current on new technology, trends, restrictions, and industry best practices
- Social media:
DATABASE & DATA ANALYTICS/REPORTING:
- Analyze and report website traffic, social media metrics, and email campaigns using measurement tools such as Google Analytics, Facebook Insights, etc., and share data, reporting, and strategy recommendations with other departments, board, and staff, upon request
- Update and maintain databases (Salesforce & Click & Pledge) and Emma email service (e.g., eblast, mail returns, group sales, contacts, ticket buyers, registrants, and opt outs) and calendars. and manage all organizational eblasts and promotion of all programs. Pull reports, run lists, segment lists, etc.
- Analyze and monitor audience, market share, competitor positions, revenue opportunities, as well as market trends
- Other duties as assigned by or Execute and Producing Artistic Director or Director of Education,
- Capture photos and video of education and ensemble programs for promotional purposes, and keep an organized database of press-ready photos for institutional use and publicity purposes,
Roles & Responsibilities
The ideal candidate will have:
- Deep appreciation and enthusiasm for the organization’s mission, vision, and values
- Passion for and interest in musical theater, arts education, and positive youth development
- A minimum of 2-3 years of experience in marketing, advertising, communications, and sales. Marketing experience does not have to be in theater directly.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills as well as strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong leadership skills – the ability to inspire, motivitvate, and manage the marketing department team (e.g., Marketing Assistant, Graphic Designer, interns, volunteers, staff members, etc.)
- Strong listening skills, compassion and intercultural sensitivity towards people of various identity markers and life experiences
- Sales and customer service oriented
- An ability to handle multiple deadlines, manage competing priorities, commitment to closing loops and getting answers, be proactive, and work effectively with a sense of humor
- A self-starter with the ability to work autonomously and act independently but also work with and contribute as part of a strong, effective, and close-knit team
- Detail oriented and organized
- A commitment and deep interest in diversity, equity, inclusion and justice in all aspects of TADA!’s programming and initiatives
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, WordPress, Google Ad words, Facebook, Instagram
- Experience in Adobe Creative Suite (specifically Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign), Emma, and/or Salesforce – a plus!
How to Apply
To apply, please email your cover letter and resume (a cover letter must be included to be considered) to
firstname.lastname@example.org and include the words Director of Marketing in the subject line.
TADA! Youth Theater is committed to building and fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce that is representative of our vastly diverse youth in our Ensemble program and school programs. Priority will be given to candidates who are dedicated to anti-racism and share our mission and vision above. BIPOC candidates, people with disabilities, and LGBTQIA+ individuals are encouraged to apply. COVID-19 Vaccination required. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, or veteran status. We are actively looking to expand our staff with BIPOC candidates.