Type of Position: Part-Time
Salary: $18 per hour
Job Type: Hybrid
Application Post Date: November 19, 2021
Application Deadline: December 20, 2021
About Our Organization
Bloomingdale School of Music’s (BSM) mission is to provide access to high-quality music education for all its students, regardless of background. Roughly 800 students of all ages participate in group classes, private lessons, and performances each week. Bloomingdale maintains an unwavering commitment to providing support for individuals from underserved communities, not only to prepare talented students for more advanced musical study but also to open doors to the musically curious who may otherwise be financially prohibited from taking up an instrument. More information may be found at the school’s website www.bsmny.org.
Our values drive our mission:
We believe music is for everyone. We work with students to overcome financial or personal obstacles by offering aid and flexibility.
Diverse and Inclusive
We value diversity by creating an environment of voices where each member is inspired to be open and feels valued.
A community that unites all ages, backgrounds, and cultures, Bloomingdale finds common purpose through the language of music.
Job Position Summary
This position is responsible for assisting the development and implementation of marketing and communications plans to drive enrollment and community engagement for all Bloomingdale School of Music activities. Working closely with the Communications and Event Content Senior Manager, this position helps to develop clear messaging, images, and communications across various media – letters, e-blasts, website, social media, posters, flyers, and more.
Roles & Responsibilities
DIGITAL COMMUNICATIONS AND MARKETING
- Design and present new social media campaign ideas.
- Contribute to the creation of mock-ups, email campaigns, and social media content.
- Daily posts to Facebook and Twitter, regular posts to Instagram.
- Manage social media advertising campaigns.
- Monitor all social media platforms for trending news, ideas, and feedback.
- Perform market analysis and research on the latest trends.
- Prepare detailed promotional presentations.
- Help with the planning and hosting of events.
- Research and evaluate competitor marketing and digital content.
- Respond to any messages or comments where necessary.
- Work to connect with the accounts of partner organizations and faculty members to build a robust digital community.
- Local officials and neighborhood associations – we send monthly emails about our events to be listed in their calendars/newsletters.
- Online citywide entertainment and parenting listings – Look for places to list our virtual events and services.
- Always be on the lookout for new local contacts.
- Update changes on communication calendar.
- Work with Communications and Event Content Senior Manager to create and track analytics/ Reports on different marketing efforts.
- Work on creating Bilingual content (English/Spanish) to increase reach and engagement.
- Assist with daily administrative duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- 3+ years of experience in non-profit community-based marketing or similar area
- Experience with office and database systems (MailChimp, ASAP Connected, Google Docs, Bloomerang).
- Experience and skills with Social Media and websites (Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, Instagram, TikTok, WordPress, etc.)
- Positive and clear communications with highly developed attention to detail
- Stay current on website/media tools, resources and participate in long-range planning for use of this technology to promote the school.
- Capacity to be an organized self-starter, systems builder, and flexibility, and have excellent follow-through – finishing tasks on time, or asking for support when necessary.
- Knowledge of and commitment to community music education is a plus.
- Adaptable, Multi-tasker, disciplined, and skilled at prioritization.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion a must.
- This position requires a 20 hour/week schedule. Flexibility around remote work, some hours at the school required.
- Ability to work mornings, evenings, and weekends when necessary for BSM events.
How to Apply
Candidates interested in this position should submit a cover letter and resume at this link. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Cover letter: In your cover letter please discuss why you believe you are a good fit for this position, as well as demonstrate how our values align with your own professional goals and mission.
Only those being considered will be contacted by email/phone for an initial interview.
Position will begin ASAP.
Bloomingdale School of Music is an EOE/educational institution and is deeply committed to diversity and inclusion. BSM does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, height, weight, or marital status in employment or the provision of services.