Type of Position: Part-Time Intern (15-20 hrs a week)
Job Type: Hybrid
Application Post Date: January 10, 2022
Application Deadline: January 21, 2022
About Our Organization
Founded in 1992 by renowned violinist Midori, Midori & Friends provides high-quality music education programs to NYC students in Grades PreK-12 who have little or no access to the arts. Our long-term, school-based sequential programs invite students to play instruments, sing, discover music traditions from cultures around the world, and express themselves creatively. Each program is customized and tailor made in partnership with school leadership to meet their students artistic needs. These programs are offered at no cost to our students and their families.
Job Position Summary
Midori & Friends seeks a highly motivated intern to join our Development & Marketing Department. Working with the Development Director and Marketing & Communications Director, this individual will ensure the organization has relevant information and resources to achieve fundraising & communications goals. This role will combine research, strategy, administration, and data entry. The Development & Marketing Intern will play a crucial role in supporting all internal/external marketing and communications activities, including but not limited to: public relations and press, promotions (print, website, email and social media); sponsorships and ad sales, and publications. In addition, the Development & Marketing Intern will assist with all aspects of fundraising including annual support from individuals, corporations, foundations, and government agencies.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Research, identify, and pursue funding sources including foundation, corporate, government and individual donors
- Support fundraising database including tracking of donors and solicitations via Salesforce and maintain internal calendar of proposals, reports, and funding obligations
- Coordinate with M&F Program staff to gather data for program brochures, corporate sponsorship packets, special event invitations, signage, posters, newsletters, press releases, annual reports, and special promotions (including demographic info for M&F students)
- Identify local business and arts leaders to enhance Midori & Friends’ marketing and public relations efforts
- Assist creation and implementation of PR and marketing strategies designed to enhance and expand the public understanding of and support for the unique role of Midori & Friends in the community, support development of Midori & Friends content calendar and daily social media postings on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Tik Tok
- Support maintenance of fundraising database including tracking of donors and solicitations via Salesforce, in addition to maintaining an internal calendar of proposals, reports, and funding obligations
- Support the design and production of internal and external publications, including but not limited to program brochures, corporate sponsorship packets, signage, posters, newsletters, press releases, annual reports, and special promotions
- Attend regular management team meetings to discuss organizational matters and provide support for programs and special initiatives
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Passion for music education
- Experience in administration, arts education, development or marketing
- Ability to work remotely
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills and a desire to work interdepartmentally
- Energetic and self-directed, with effective time management and organizational skills including the ability to deal with several priorities at the same time
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong computer skills including proficiency with MS Office and databases, including Salesforce. Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite, specifically InDesign, and email services such as Mailchimp, strongly preferred
How to Apply
TO APPLY: Email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Development & Marketing Intern Position” in the subject line. Responses will be limited to those being considered for interviews. NO CALLS PLEASE.
Midori & Friends is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to make all personnel decisions without discriminating on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, physical disability, mental disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, national or ethnic origin, and any other protected status.