Type of Position: Part-Time
Job Type: In-person
Application Post Date: October 4, 2021
Application Deadline: October 29, 2021
About Our Organization
Job Position Summary
After School Teaching Artist creates diverse learning experiences that focus on, but are not limited to, artistic, cultural or STEM activities for students in grades Pre-K to 5 in REAL Kids, DREAM’s nationally recognized elementary enrichment program. Previous enrichment activities offered include Karate, Hip-Hop Dance, Slam Poetry, and Art Club. Specialists deliver 45 minute-long sessions to teams of 18-20 students in grades Pre-K-5, supported by two Youth Workers.
Roles & Responsibilities
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Design and deliver curricula for enrichment activities that are aligned to the DREAM curriculum and program model;
- Collaborate with Youth Workers and Program Manager to provide a cohesive and fun experience for youth;
- Embed literacy throughout all instruction;
- Prepare all materials before activities begin and facilitate a thorough clean up afterwards;
- Encourage youth to positively participate in activities;
- Serve as a role model while demonstrating professional behavior;
- Implementing all health and safety protocols as required, including ensuring child safety and responding appropriately to any incidents;
- Note: Enrichment activities that require materials/resources will be given a conservative budget on an as-needed basis.
- Must be at least 18 years of age;
- High school diploma required;
- Bachelor’s degree or certification in related field preferred;
- 2+ years experience working with groups of youth, or similar experience required;
- Ability to independently plan and implement lessons;
- Clear passion for and detailed knowledge of specialty area;
- Understanding of effective youth development strategies and conflict resolution;
- Exemplary social, organizational, and communication skills;
- Dedication to the program and ability to collaborate with colleagues to ensure a positive, productive youth experience;
- Ability to work in-person during all program hours required;
- A strong belief in the mission and values of DREAM, including the belief that all students can succeed, and a deep desire to make a difference in the lives of our students, families, and community.
Multiple schedules available:
- DREAM Charter School Mott Haven – 411 Wales Avenue
- Immediate start through June 10, 2022
- Hours: Fridays, 1pm-4:45pm
- REAL Kids at PS 18 – 502 Morris Avenue
- Immediate start through May 27, 2022
- Hours: Mondays & Wednesdays, 2:45-5:30pm
DREAM’s VACCINATION POLICY: DREAM requires vaccination against COVID-19 for all employees. Reasonable Accommodations based on a qualifying disability or sincerely held religious belief are being considered in accordance with applicable law.
How to Apply
Apply via the link on the left.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION: At DREAM, diversity, equity, and inclusion are a matter of mission. From our schools to our playing fields, DREAM is committed to building a team where each individual can bring their full identity and experience to work because representation matters—it enriches our team culture, enhances our ability to innovate, and strengthens our impact in and out of the classroom. DREAM engages staff that represent and appreciate the diversity of our majority Black and Hispanic student body, while working to ensure that our practices are equitable, welcoming, and productive. We are dedicated to creating a world where youth, especially youth of color, have permission to dream—along with the tools and opportunities to make their dreams reality. Come dream with us. DREAM MAXIMS All Kids Can. This Kid Can. DREAM is Family. Fun is a Serious Value. Teamwork Makes the DREAM Work. Fail. Persist. Exceed. DREAM Big.