From the NYC Department of Education
Yellow Bus Service
The following guidelines apply to field trips:
- Trips must be within the five boroughs of New York City.
- Trips must leave the school after 9:30AM and buses must return to the school by 1:30PM.
- Trips cannot service multiple destinations.
- October 07, 2019 is the first day for field trips for the 2019-20 school year.
- June 12, 2020 is the last day for field trips for the 2019-20 school year.
- Trips cannot be scheduled on any of the following days:
No Field Trip Days 2019-2020 November 07, 14, 22 March 05, 13, 20 June 04, 09
The buses used for field trips are the same buses that are used to bring students
to and from school for their regular academic program. As a result, trips will not
be scheduled on dates when the NYC public schools are closed (generally all
federal holidays) or on the dates shown above when the public schools have
Schools can use Certificates For Free Transportation provided by New York City Transit to travel to and from their field trip site between 9:30 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. or for return travel from a trip scheduled to arrive back at school later than 1:30 p.m. The certificates are valid only on the subway and can be obtained directly from OPT. E-mail MRock@schools.nyc.gov to request certificates.