Arts, Culture, and Heritage Projects are among those eligible for REDC support.
By Jenny Clarke
The New York State Council on the Arts (NYSCA) Regional Economic Development Council Program FY 2014-2015 Round 4 makes funding available for projects that fit the criteria of economic growth and job development.
See pages 30/31 of the REDC guidelines for the specific details of the four categories that apply to the arts. Of particular interest might be categories 3 and 4, which support organizations with budgets under $500,000. These are for technology needs and workforce investment (expansion of a staff position).
Some important points to note:
- If you already receive NYSCA funding, you can still apply for the REDC funds but not for the same project for which you already receive support.
- Your organization must be pre-qualified in Grants Gateway to be eligible.
- The deadline is Monday June 16, 2014 at 4pm
- For more info, visit http://regionalcouncils.ny.gov. If after reading the guidelines you still need support, contact Susan Peirez, Program Director, at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The initial contract period is January – December 2015