The NYC Arts in Education Roundtable’s Mission and Vision Statement are shared here for your reference. A PDF document of the Mission and Vision Statement is also provided.
New York City Arts in Education Roundtable
MISSION and VISION STATEMENT
MISSION: The New York City Arts in Education Roundtable improves, advances, and advocates for arts education. We are a community of organizations that shares information, provides professional development, and communicates with the public to promote our work in schools and beyond.
CORE PURPOSE: To elevate, enhance, and sustain the work of the arts education community in New York City’s schools and communities and beyond
CORE VALUES – We value:
- Continual learning and improvement through the exchange of ideas, skills, and knowledge.
- The mutual support and shared aspirations of our diverse community.
- The power of the arts to activate learning and change lives.
10 YEAR GOALS
1. Every arts-in-education practitioner and organization will turn regularly to the Roundtable for indispensable knowledge, information, and insight about relevant theory and practice.
2. The instructional activities and programs of member organizations and our associated practitioners will attain an unsurpassed level of quality and will continue to improve steadily and dramatically.
3. The Roundtable will be a vibrant, fully staffed organization, operating in a state-of-the-art facility.
1. The Roundtable will become a beacon of knowledge and insight to which artists, arts educators, and arts learners everywhere will turn regularly. It will create and sponsor lively, challenging, stimulating, and informative events at which Roundtable members and staff will dialogue across a variety of platforms. By providing access to policy makers and experts of all kinds as well as opportunities for peer learning, the Roundtable will provide timely, relevant information and will facilitate the dissemination of best practices in teaching and learning, organizational management, and other key areas.
2. As a result of our efforts, instruction in and through the arts provided by the practitioners we serve will become more thoughtful, more rigorous, and more responsive to learners’ needs and capacities. The arts education community will be increasingly able to assess student learning and achievement, document outcomes, evaluate programs, and sustain their operations. Arts education will thereby become increasingly recognized as a unique and invaluable component of life-long growth and learning.
3. Supported by the funding community and led by an experienced, expert full-time staff, the Roundtable will create, administer, oversee, and disseminate its world-class professional development programs and services in a state-of-the-art facility. Our meeting rooms and workshop spaces will be flexible, suitable to gatherings of a variety of types and sizes, and fully equipped with materials, supplies, and equipment for all the arts.