Under the supervision of the Program Coordinator, Group Leaders are responsible for the planning, organization, and implementation of high-quality summer activities for Casita’s youth. Group Leaders serve as role models with high expectations for youth. This person will have superior interpersonal skills. S/he will be superb at follow-through, as well as adept at managing a multitude of details. S/he will be a dynamic self-starter who will be creative in the classroom, constantly engaging youth in learning activities.
● Pick-up participants from the assigned pick-up school
● Maintain daily attendance and prepare monthly attendance reports.
● Create lesson plans weekly for activities.
● When working with a teaching artist, appropriately support their work and encourage students to engage in activities.
● Maintain a structured environment with his/her classroom that is conducive to learning, whether children are at work or play.
● Use open-ended questions, allow for student choice, use appropriate praise techniques, and ensure that children are always engaged in the classroom.
● Supervise children at ALL times.
● Sit with children during snack times and engage them in a discussion.
● Performs additional tasks as necessitated by the position and other tasks as assigned
● Actively participate in aspects of staff development including bi-weekly team meetings, staff development training and at least 15 hours training during the school year.
● Adhere to policies and procedures in a proactive manner, making sure the safety and care of participants your primary focus.
● Build positive relationships with each participant and foster positive connecting actively engage with children at all times.
● Solid after-school /summer camp programming skills from 2 + years of relevant experiences.
● Demonstrate professional attitude, approach, and commitment to integrity
● Ability to work collaboratively as a team with all levels of staff flexibility, and, excellent communication skills.
● Show enthusiasm for actions and spirit while implementing lesson plans
● Lead and participate in a variety of engaging activities such as songs, art, music, dance, fashion, leadership, culinary arts, and STEM components.
● Supervise participants at all times including transitions between activities ensure participants are accounted for and safe at all times.
● Comfortable working with youth from grades K-8th.
● Maintain accurate program documentation (attendance forms, behavior/incident/accident
● Performs additional tasks as necessitated by the position and other tasks as assigned by the Program Coordinator, Director of Programs, Associate Director, and Executive Director.
● High School Diploma, Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
● Eager to work in a fast-paced, arts and education-focused, entrepreneurial environment.
● Exceptional interpersonal skills. Ability to work collaboratively, quickly and under pressure—with a sense of humor.
● Highly motivated, detail-oriented, ability to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
● Integrity, professional discretion and professionalism.
● Experience and/or willingness to work with children with educational or emotional special needs.
● Enjoy working with children with an understanding of youth development.
● Bilingual Spanish/English a plus.
Send a Resume and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org Subject Line: Group Leader