The Visual Arts Portfolio Development Instructor will be responsible for designing and delivering curricula for high school students to develop a competitive visual arts portfolio for application to specialized art high schools. The Portfolio class will meet 1-2 times a week at a high school in the Williamsburg area. The position requires a passionate, creative, energetic, team-building leader committed to providing the highest quality of programming for youth.
- Design and facilitate visual arts curriculum for high school students, including foundations, conception, and exposure to different artists and mediums.
- Assist students in the application process
- Plan and facilitate purposeful and engaging art activities catered to the age, stage and interests of participants
- Serve as a positive role model for participants by demonstrating professional language and behavior
- Utilize youth development principles to enhance program quality and support growth in young people
- Collaborate with co-workers and program supervisors around effective programming
- Actively participate in training and professional development to continuously improve on quality
- Degree in visual arts or related field
- Experience developing a portfolio for application purposes
- At least one year experience working youth and young teens highly preferred
- A sound understanding of English including reading, writing and speaking; bilingual abilities a plus
- Ability to connect and understand youth
- A genuine enthusiasm for developing professional skills through training opportunities, observation, coaching, and feedback
- Comply with School Age Child Care (SACC) requirements; including background check and medical clearances.
- Must be empathetic, patient, understanding, and positive role model
- Lots of energy and enthusiasm!
paid sick time
LEVEL OF LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY
English, Spanish a plus
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED
HOW TO APPLY
Please send resume, and cover letter with relevant portfolio development/teaching experience to “firstname.lastname@example.org” with “Portfolio Instructor” in subject line. Please include examples of previous student work/lesson plan if possible.