TEEN PROGRAMS MANAGER
About the Organization:
For 38 years ArtsConnection has been one of New York City’s most comprehensive arts education organizations with programs in the performing, visual and media arts. In addition to Teen Programs, we provide nationally recognized programs like residencies, curriculum development, teacher and artist professional development, educational research and professional performances in over 110 elementary, middle and senior high schools annually throughout the 5 boroughs.
About the Position:
ArtsConnection is looking for a dynamic administrator and educator with a passion for building engaging programs for teens. This person works with a team of two other Teen Program Managers each focused on specific ArtsConnection teen programs.
While there is some cross-pollination among programs, this position will have responsibility for the Teen Reviewers and Critics (TRaC) program. This is an after school program that offers high school students a multi-disciplinary, intensive and sustained exploration of NYC arts offerings, and teaches them how to critically write about their experiences. They study with acclaimed critics and artists and experiment with their own creativity and artistry; improve language, writing and critical thinking skills; deepen their understanding of the arts―all free of charge.
Working under the supervision of ArtsConnection’s Director of Programs, the Teen Programs Manager is responsible for the planning and daily administration of TRaC, including supervising a team of instructors, interns and a media fellow. They will also work in partnership with staff to build teen engagement with other ArtsConnection Teen Programs and events.
Specific duties include:
- Hire and manage workshop instructors
- Oversee curriculum planning and evaluation processes
- Recruit students and create promotional materials
- Develop and manage new and existing cultural and programmatic partnerships
- Facilitate outreach for ticket/event requests
- Edit and publish content and program information with teens and on teens.artsconnection.org
- Update various social media outlets
- Collaborate with ArtsConnection’s staff on various initiatives and programs.
- Coordinate Teens Curate Teens, a program that brings teen artists and curators together to produce an exhibition based on a theme.
- Grant reporting and presenting information to stakeholders
The ideal candidate possesses the following experience, skills and characteristics:
- a strong writer, educator and administrator
- well organized, flexible, and easily adapts to change
- able to work independently and as a team-player
- very comfortable with public speaking
- capable of developing curricula and has experience teaching
- familiar and comfortable with various web platforms and digital technologies
- enjoys working with and mentoring teenagers
- familiar with the NYC Department of Education
- strong ties within the New York arts community
- 2+ years of experience in youth development and/or art education
- a self-starter, interested in pursuing and maintaining partnerships with other institutions.
DEADLINE for applications: Sunday August 27th
Salary: $42,000. Excellent benefits.
Letter and resume only to:
Subject line: Teen Programs Manager
ArtsConnection is an equal opportunity employer. We have a strong commitment to
equity and inclusion, and value the leadership and skills of people from diverse
backgrounds. People of color, LGBTQ persons, and people from other historically
marginalized backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
No calls please.