Lincoln Center Theater’s Open Stages Education Program is seeking highly-skilled and engaging teaching artists for part-time work for the 2017-2018 season.
LCT’s Education Program connects the artistry on our stages to New York City public schools in partnerships that support creative teaching and imaginative student learning through theater.
Open Stages is looking for teaching artists for both our High School Program and our Shakespeare Program. In the High School Program, teaching artists implement pre- and post-show theater-based workshops that enable students to see LCT performances with a deeper understanding of that play’s themes and theatrical vocabulary. With the Shakespeare Program, teaching artists support students’ performance of abridged Shakespeare plays in NYC middle and high schools.
- have experience working in urban schools with middle school and high school students
- can demonstrate a range of theatrical teaching strategies
- are skillful in facilitating student-centered, inquiry-based workshops
- draw upon a range of classroom management strategies in response to the needs of their students
- can implement lesson plans as written while making them feel spontaneous and organic
- partner effectively with classroom teachers
- communicate effectively with LCT and school staff
- participate in self- and peer-evaluation
Interested applicants should send their resumes and a cover letter detailing their educational experience to email@example.com no later than Friday, July 7, 2017.