The Teaching Artist will be responsible for designing and delivering curricula for digital media (graphic design, video production, photography, animation, etc.) or visual arts (drawing, painting, sculpture, etc.) enrichment activities while ensuring the safety and engagement of youth. The position requires a passionate, creative, energetic, team-building leader committed to providing the highest quality of programming for youth.
- Design and deliver curricula for Visual or Digital Media Arts (painting, drawing, illustration, sculpture, graphic design, film, animation video, etc.)
- Submit lesson plans weekly prior to each class to Arts Coordinator & Program Directors.
- Lead arts activities that are engaging and age-appropriate
- Plan and facilitate purposeful and engaging activities and theme-based projects catered to the age, stage and interests of participants
- Serve as a positive role model for participants by demonstrating professional language and behavior
- Develop positive, caring relationships with young people and their families
- Utilize youth development principles to enhance program quality and support growth in young people
- Collaborate with co-workers and program supervisors around effective program operations; uphold all safety standards and procedures
- Actively participate in training and professional development to continuously improve on quality
- Must hold or be pursuing a degree in visual/media arts.
- At least one year experience working with children and young teens in afterschool settings HIGHLY preferred
- A sound understanding of English including reading, writing and speaking; bilingual abilities a plus
- Ability to collaborate with other team members
- A genuine enthusiasm for developing professional skills through training opportunities, observation, coaching, and feedback
- After School Availability between 2pm-6pm, approximately 15-20 hours a week; Monday- Friday; some holidays and holiday weeks
- Comply with School Age Child Care (SACC) requirements; including background check and medical clearances.
- Must be empathic, patient, understanding, and a good listener
- Lots of energy and enthusiasm!
Paid sick time
LEVEL OF LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY
English, Spanish a plus
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED
HOW TO APPLY
Please send resume, cover letter with relevant experience, and example lesson plan to “email@example.com” with “Teaching Artist” in subject line. Please include previous student work if possible, and preferred age group for elementary, middle school, high school (if any)