Marquis Studios is currently accepting applications from highly-skilled and engaging teaching artists with experience working with PRE-K-12 populations.
About Marquis Studios
Founded In 1977, Marquis Studios is a multi-disciplinary organization providing arts-in education services to over 150 New York City public schools. Through strong collaborative partnerships we provide a full spectrum of multi-cultural residencies where students explore the visual and performing arts. Marquis Studios strives to provide quality programs and high impact arts opportunities while creating learning environments that strengthens critical thinking and creative skills. (Website – www.marquisstudios.org)
Marquis Studios Teaching Artists lead in-school and after-school residencies and parent-child workshops for Pre-K –12 participants in public schools throughout New York City. Teaching artists are responsible for creating engaging and educational lessons and working collaboratively with classroom teachers and students throughout the school year. Each residency results in a culminating event or sharing that demonstrates skills developed while participating in the program.
We are currently accepting applications for Teaching Artists with experience in:
• Music – Percussion, Vocal music & Chorus
• Visual Arts – experience working with Gen-ed & D75 populations
• Theater/Writing – Script & Creative Writing and Spoken Word Poetry
• Multi-media – Filmmaking and Animation
• Architecture – Model Building & Digital Architecture
• Dance – Hip-hop, Bollywood, Bhangra, African and other Cultural Dances
• In school and after school availability, with a minimum of two full days per week – this may include 2 in-school residencies per week and/or possibly as many as 3 after school classes throughout the school year.
• Meeting specific professional development requirements which includes; Bi-annual PD’S, discipline specific meetings and pursuing personal professional development opportunities.
• Creating original curriculum that aligns with the program expectations, school curriculum and reflects the voice of Marquis Studios residencies.
• Planning programs and working closely with classroom teachers and school program coordinators to:
Plan 10-week residency, culminating events and overall residency logistics in person during a 45-minute planning meeting before the start of the program.
Working with students to enhance their knowledge of the art-form and integrating teachers in the lessons to have a successful program.
• Facilitating 90-minute parent-child workshops on weekday afternoons or Saturday mornings. Workshops are assigned based on availability provided by teaching artists.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in your field and a minimum of two years teaching arts programming to Pre-K-12 students. Artists must display expertise in arts discipline of interest through; educational and professional accomplishments.
• Ability to create innovative lessons and successfully integrate State Standards and NYC Blueprints for Teaching and Learning in the Arts. Experience developing and teaching STEAM-based residencies a plus.
• Experience working with District 75 populations and Inclusion classrooms.
• Exceptional range of classroom management strategies, strong collaborative and inter-personal relationship skills.
• Ability to multitask and stage a performance or mount an exhibit within 10 – 12 weeks.
• Ability to complete administrative classroom tasks by assigned deadline (workshop logs, reporting hours, permission slip collection, etc.)
• Excellent time management and organizational skills.
• Reliable, committed and available to facilitate year-long programming.
• Flexibility to travel throughout the 5 boroughs – STATEN ISLAND TRAVEL & CAR A PLUS.
BENEFITS OF WORKING WITH MARQUIS STUDIOS:
• Paid professional development.
• Stipend for facilitating planning meetings and creating lessons.
• Placements in programs ranging from 3hrs – 6.5hrs per day.
• Supportive and organized administrative staff.
• Paid opportunities to visit and observe TA’s from various disciplines.
• Paid Travel and a bonus for teaching at distance schools, located within the five boroughs.
Marquis Studios is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to seeking a diverse staff with respect to gender, age, race, ethnicity, national origin, class, educational background, religion, sexual orientation, and physical ability. All applicants are welcome.