Reel Works seeks Teaching Artists for short and long-term, high school and middle school residencies in
Brooklyn, Queens and Manhattan for the 2018-19 academic year.
We’re looking for individuals with energy, passion, and the ability to command the attention and respect of our scholars while engaging them through a fun and innovative arts curriculum – which is the hallmark of Reel Works programming.
Teaching Artists are responsible for developing and implementing workshop outlines and lesson plans, supervising Student Teachers and reporting assessment and outcomes. During the course of the residency, scholars are expected to engage new art forms, express their true voices and complete projects displaying clear learning objectives.
Residencies will include documentary and narrative filmmaking.
We are looking for artists who bring fresh ideas in media making and education into our program offerings. Teaching Artists receive the support of an Education Specialist in designing the residency and lesson plans. All Teaching Artists are assisted by with student teachers in each classroom and report to the Director of School Partnerships.
- Plan and facilitate activity with scholars during the residency
- Create and facilitate age-appropriate lesson plans and activities
- Maintain a positive learning environment
- Participate in training and staff development activities.
- Demonstrate effective classroom management skills.
- Collaborate and communicate with supervisory staff and team members
- Complete necessary reports to monitor student progress and participation including daily attendance, incident reports, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- BA in Arts and/or Education
- Proficiency in arts/media discipline
- Experience working with youth, teaching, and curriculum development aligned with NYC Blueprint for Learning & Teaching in the Arts a plus
- Multiple languages a plus
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED
HOW TO APPLY
Please send cover letter, reel, and resume to email@example.com