Rosie’s Theater Kids (RTKids) is an arts education organization dedicated to enriching the lives of children through the arts. We serve students who otherwise would not have the opportunity to experience theater, positively changing the trajectory of their lives by providing comprehensive classes in music, dance and drama; thoughtful mentoring; and structured academic guidance. Our goal is to inspire excellence, motivate learning, uplift the human spirit, build confidence, and spark a lifelong appreciation for the arts.
The Rosie’s Theater Kids’ (RTKids) instructor is an energetic teacher with high artistic standards and a love of children. As a leading arts education organization in New York City, RTKids is looking for an experienced teacher with a background in music theater who is also organized and has administrative skills. Potential candidates should possess experience in a professional dance setting and teaching experience with children between the ages of 10 and 17. Under the supervision of the Associate Artistic Director, this person will administrate and teach in the public school program, PS Broadway (PSBway) and RTKids’ after-school, A Commitment to Excellence (ACTE II) program.
RTKids is looking to fill this teaching artist and program administrator position beginning Spring 2018. This instructor will also administrate both the PS Broadway and ACTE II programs acting as liaison between the public schools and RTKids along with the part-time teaching staff in the PSBway and ACTE II programs.
Qualifications specific to Teaching Artist:
· BA, BM, or BFA or higher
· Professional dance experience
· Professional teaching artist experience in the NYC public schools
· A solid background in Musical Theater
· Highly energetic and organized, with a collaborative spirit
Responsibilities specific to Teaching Artist:
· Teach in PS Broadway Classrooms 12-14 hours weekly
· Teach in ACTE II Technique Classes – with a focus in one or more of the following disciplines: ballet/theater dance/tap/drama/voice 5-6 hours weekly
· Teach in ACTE II Summer Intensive 20-25 hours weekly (6-week session)
· Help with special projects and outside performances
Responsibilities specific to Program Administrator:
· Administrate PSBway program: schedule and coordinate fall and spring schedules
· Act as liaison between public schools and RTKids managing weekly PSBway schedule
· Arrange theater tickets for PSBway schools to attend a Broadway show
· Coordinate and schedule all final assemblies in PSBway public schools
· With ACTE II Program Administrator, act as liaison between RTKids’ ACTE II program and part-time teaching staff
· Assist in hiring and managing interns for summer and school year intern program
Interested candidates should send cover letter and resume to email@example.com
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.