The Town Hall has been an integral part of New York City’s cultural life since 1921 with music, dance, and educational programs for people of all ages. Through our Educational Outreach Programs we provide high-quality arts-in-education programs for New York City public schools that address Common Core State Standards and the NYC Department of Education’s Curriculum Blueprint for Teaching and Learning in the Arts. Town Hall customizes each program to suit a school’s curriculum needs.
Town Hall Educational Outreach Programs annually serve over 8,000 students in the five boroughs through theatre, stagecraft, dance, music and visual arts residencies. Town Hall teaching artists work closely with classroom teachers to plan and coordinate residencies that strengthen curriculum connections. Each residency culminates with student performances that showcase students’ skills for families, school administration, and peers.
Town Hall is seeking a hip hop teaching artist for an in school program with 1st grade, to begin Jan 24.
School is located in the Bronx- Bronx based applicants will be given priority. Program commitment is 1 day a week, from Jan to May.
• Developing and implementing lesson plans.
• Teaching a large, diverse group of young people from a broad range of ages and demographics.
• Working with classroom teachers and administrators as a part of a collaborative team.
• Submission of lesson plans, evaluation forms, sign in sheets, and time sheets to the office.
• Traveling between your home and partner schools.
• A bachelor’s degree, equivalent certification, or relevant professional experience.
• Experience working with diverse youth populations.
• Experience in youth arts education.
• A strong collaborative spirit and sense of ensemble.
• Experience in New York City public schools is a plus.
Please email cover letter and resume to the attention of Emma Klauber, Director of Education and Community Outreach. email@example.com
No phone calls, please. The Town Hall Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For more information about The Town Hall, please visit: www.thetownhall.org
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED
HOW TO APPLY
Email resume and cover letter to Emma Klauber, Director of Education and Community Outreach, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Town Hall is an equal opportunity employer and seeks workforce diversity with respect to race, ethnicity, culture, gender, age, sexual orientation, and physical abilities.