ENACT is currently accepting applications for Teaching Artists for the 2017-2018 school year.
ENACT’s mission is to help public school students learn social emotional skills to promote self-awareness so they can learn to make productive choices in their own lives and communities. ENACT has created a unique method of theater-based techniques applied in a non-traditional manner to promote self-awareness and dynamic change. The power of our work lies in our combination of developmental theatre strategies, reflective scene work and process facilitation.
The ideal ENACT Teaching Artist will be dedicated to the mission of helping students succeed in school and life. This person will be caring and compassionate about their task and the impact they can make on students. This is not simply an acting or teaching gig, but an opportunity to connect with NYC school students and help them grow.
Requirements and Expectations:
- Preferred 2 to 3 years of experience working in urban school settings with K-12 students
- Ability to solve problems quickly and creatively in challenging settings
- Be able to communicate quickly and effectively with staff and partners; and be able to submit paperwork in a timely and efficient manner
- Good collaboration and teamwork skills will go a long way
- Candidate should feel comfortable representing ENACT in schools and meetings
- Ability to travel to all five boroughs a plus
- Males, Persons of Color, Spanish, and Arabic speakers are encouraged to apply
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume, and headshot to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
LEVEL OF LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY
Spanish – Intermediate/Expert and/or Native
Arabic – Intermediate/Expert, and/or Native
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED
HOW TO APPLY
Please email cover letter, resume, and headshot to email@example.com. No phone calls please.